TONGFANG GK5CN5Z / GK5CN6Z / GK5CQ7Z / GK5CP0Z

Discussion in 'Other Manufacturers' started by sicily428, Apr 22, 2018.

1. faiz23

faiz23 Macbook FTW

Reputations:
    Walmart has them back in stock for $799 with free 2 day shipping. $791 if you pick it up in store and $771 if you bundle it with VR headset. You can always return the VR headset which will make your final laptop cost $771 + tax. Don't forget credit card rewards, MR Rebates for 2% and extended warranty from your credit card company or Walmart direct for 2 year accidental at $59.

As a qualifying device in the Intel Game/eSports Pack, buying the OVERPOWERED Gaming Laptop 15+ allows you to receive $150 in gaming software, including full download of Paladins, PUBG, Last Tide and more!

OVERPOWERED Gaming Laptop 15+, 2 Year Warranty, 144Hz, Intel i7-8750H, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060, Mechanical LED Keyboard, 256 SSD, 1TB HDD, 16GB RAM, Windows 10

https://www.walmart.com/ip/OVERPOWE...256-SSD-1TB-HDD-16GB-RAM-Windows-10/510869060

Attached Files:

2. Tweak155

Tweak155 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    When I used the software code, it lets you pick one software title, not all of them. I picked PUBG. You can pick an additional title if you give them your contact info which I did not do.

3. Installed64

Installed64 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Presently
    Currently only one left! They may come back around, then again they may not.

4. clone1008

clone1008 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I have no idea which one I used, I just picked the one that fit the best. I would strongly suggest getting the screw kit I mentioned above also. Always good to have spares just in case.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

5. Snamuh2

Snamuh2 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    OOS again

I ordered the VR Bundle on the 30th. The VR has shipped but still waiting for the laptop to change form order received to shipped.

I'm very excited to mess around with this.

I've been trying to think of ways to mask the logos. I was thinking of some cardstock to reduce the visibility of the lid logo and put a vinyl sticker over the cardstock. not sure about the top left KB logo though. Wish that could be chemically removed.

I have a spare m.2 960 evo to use when i get it, and will see how long i can go without buying new memory. Is it confirmed that the memory is the only way to get proper wattage to the cpu?

Would love to see some more structured guides for this laptop. aka step by step of the basics - checking the 150w vs 180w, RAM lists for better ram, performance tweaks. Maybe I will try to document this stuff when i get it. I still havent looked through all the links in the 1st post, maybe thats easy enough.

I hope the community continues to build around this laptop for both hw/sw tweaks and physical changes.

I may try to hackintosh this.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2019
    Installed64 likes this.
  6. Trevayne10

Trevayne10 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    If you're running with a single 16GB memory stick then your laptop is stuck in single channel mode. This causes the problems (among others) that you mention. Buying and installing 2 x 8GB sticks will resolve most of these power limiting and throttling issues. I ordered 2 8GB sticks of Kingston HyperX Impact DDR4-2666, at CL15, and the laptop came alive. This is *almost* a cure-all. Almost.

richierich and Snamuh2 like this.
  7. turbo87

turbo87 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    So I am having issues this morning with my 15+. When I turn it on, the system does not power up. I see the green power light flashing, but it does not boot up. Any suggestions here? Or am I SOL. Thanks.

8. Snamuh2

Snamuh2 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I believe I read somewhere that if it's on battery you need to hold down the power button for it to turn on. And on AC it power on just by pressing?

So maybe try holding the power down?

9. turbo87

turbo87 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Yeah, it’s on ac power. I tried holding the power down but get the same flashing power light.

Snamuh2 likes this.
  10. jppflg

jppflg Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Has anyone else had sound issues when using wireless headsets? I am hearing static like noises occasionally on 2 different headsets.