TONGFANG GK5CN5Z / GK5CN6Z / GK5CQ7Z / GK5CP0Z

Discussion in 'Other Manufacturers' started by sicily428, Apr 22, 2018.

1. Syaorandc

Syaorandc Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Exactly like you did in your teardown video. Although the GPU is more rectangular since it is a 1060 instead of 1050 so did a line there too instead of a dot.
    GPU is at 74C so that is fine.

What are you getting for temps on the i7-8750H when running Aida64 Bob?

Last edited: Dec 27, 2018
  2. killerkhatiby009

killerkhatiby009 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    This might help you: https://imgur.com/a/dlQ294n

Just FYI when the CPU is under full load the maximum multiplier when all cores are being used is 39. You won't see 41 when doing something like TS Bench because that is putting a full load on the CPU. If you open the FIVR window in ThrottleStop you can see in the lower left the different multiplier values based on how many cores are being used. You can try changing that but I'm not sure if it will work and it might generate a lot more heat and power usage, I haven't tried it personally.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2018
  3. Tweak155

Tweak155 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Call me crazy but this seems perfectly acceptable after 10mins of a stress test... I bet normal temps are plenty lower!

Installed64 likes this.
  4. sfinney76

sfinney76 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I bought the OP-1 with the i5-8300h. I applied liquid metal and did a little undervolting and I cannot get my processor or GPU to go over 75 degrees in synthetic benchmarks or gaming with fans on auto. I am getting pretty good scores in Cinebench(846) and Geekbench(5060 single, 17318 multi). This thing runs super cool and quiet and plays every game I have thrown at it with ease.
    I know liquid metal seems a bit daunting at first but it isn't too bad. I have used it on all of my laptops and even a GPD Win, and the temps are always amazing afterwards(except my first gen Razer Blade Stealth that thing is a lost cause).

B0B likes this.
  5. B0B

B0B Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Man I LOVE that 8300h!

I just ordered that chassis again today because honestly for me, it's all I need. Add some RAM and install the bigger battery, i'm good to go.

faiz23 and sfinney76 like this.
  6. sfinney76

sfinney76 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I saw your review about this chassis and I was encouraged by your results. Out of the box this thing was running in the low 90s under stress. Right now it is perfect. That 8300h is super underrated, it is an absolute beast. I am about to start seeing if I can make it do some VR, but I don't have high hopes.

7. jmandawg

jmandawg Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    So is there a bios that allows swapping he FN and CTRL buttons. It drives me crazy that the FN key is where the CTRL is on a normal desktop keyboard.

8. steberg

steberg Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Walmart should offer you one for free! Read lot's of comments from people deciding to buy after your reviews on OP brand. Excellent work!

Installed64 and B0B like this.
  9. TheTaxCollector

TheTaxCollector Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hey guys, what's the overall experience with the Brown Switch Mechanical Keyboard on this laptop? Some people hate it, and others love it. Can anyone elaborate on those points?

10. richierich

richierich Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    It’s something where you have to test it out for yourself and see if you like it or not. Everyone has their own opinion on keyboard feel.

thetraveler1 likes this.