TONGFANG GK5CN5Z / GK5CN6Z / GK5CQ7Z / GK5CP0Z

Discussion in 'Other Manufacturers' started by sicily428, Apr 22, 2018.

1. Nates4Christ

Nates4Christ Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Well I installed all my drivers, and then I put my 1 tb ssd in the 2.5 slot. I noticed it did not show up in the my pc. I then did a restart and f2 to bios. Hit f3 to load defaults, f4 to save. Then my computer would not get passed the blue screen that said pc cannot start. No matter how many times I restarted. It said I could do a factory reset so that's what I am doing now. It won't reset to op default because I already deleted that partition. I hope this works!

2. thetraveler1

thetraveler1 Newbie

Reputations:
    Is anyone else’s mic when using the headphones port distorted? Seems like it’s picking up the mic from the laptop instead of the mic itself from the headphones? Not sure if there’s a setting I have to change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Hana9so

Hana9so Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hmm, i'm getting temps about the same up to 90C while gaming using MX-4 too; even with a -150mv undervolt to the cache and core. I'm debating on trying out a different paste, but man that thermal grizzly stuff is quit pricey. Not sure though, because i was always under the impression that the delta between different thermal pastes is only like 1~2C. Wondering if it's worth trying out?

4. GTRagnarok

GTRagnarok Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Aaaand the Overpowered 15s are out of stock. Sure glad I got one. Deal of the year. Kinda feels like Walmart hit the abort button on the OP brand. Hope not cause I'd love to see these deals again in the future.

5. hodgeMN

hodgeMN Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I think that is why we saw these prices.... Since none of the other OP systems have been re-stocked my guess is Walmart is either doing a re-brand or dropping the brand all together. You could probably use this laptop for a year and sell if for nearly the same price.

6. hodgeMN

Reputations:
    While I do not use the cam much on a laptop, it was nice to have it in the appropriate spot when skyping for the holidays today. One of the few thin bezel machines to do the camera correctly!

7. clone1008

clone1008 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    If you are still having problems, follow the steps in this thread exactly as written...http://forum.notebookreview.com/thr...stallation-guide.781178/page-68#post-10838210

8. Installed64

Installed64 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    A couple other options recommended over here which run cheaper than Kryonaut per gram are Gelic GC Extreme and Phobya NanoGrease Extreme. I haven't tried them personally.

I had not used Kryonaut until Monday when I attempted repasting a friend's laptop that was running real hot (7700HQ + GTX 1070). I had some trouble getting an even spread with the applicator, so I did the line method on the smaller rectangular CPU die and it seems to work fine. Managed to spread it satisfactorily on the GPU. Temps are way down.

The keycaps are easily removed by prying up on them with your fingernail from the bottom/top of the key. I tried putting a layer of duct tape on the underside of the keycap to soften the landing a bit (it was hurting my thumb), but if anything that makes the key registration issue worse.

What you need is probably beyond the scope of this thread. Follow a tutorial for migrating your boot drive. This is basic stuff, but can tend to be confusing until you actually do it for the first time.

Dealt with this exact issue. Headset mic was not recognized in Windows at all, and was only using the onboard laptop mic instead of my headset, which tends to pick up the keyboard very strongly! Then I realized the Tongfang does not have a combo headphone/mic jack, but they are split. So you can either get microphone or headphones, but not both! So I ordered this product and it resolved the issue. For reference I am using the Sony Playstation Gold Headset.

johnny89 likes this.
  9. nimaim

nimaim Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Since this has a crippled USB C port (Gen1, no DP support or 20V PD), what are you guys using as far as docking stations go? Dell's WD15 was such a perfect one (tiny and had all the ports you would need), but it does not work with this. Most, if not all, the USB based ones rely on the DisplayLink driver and Linux support for that is lacking at best so it's a no go for me. Any other suggestions? I guess since the USB C does not support video, best is to use the laptop built in ports for video, and get a hub for everything else. Of course, now "docking" it anywhere is a huge pain.

EDIT: Just to clarify for everyone, the USB C port on this is basically a glorified USB 3.0 port, same exact specs, just a different interface.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2018
  10. hodgeMN

Reputations:
    You have three 4k video out options on this thing - pretty amazing for a laptop in this price category.