TONGFANG GK5CN5Z / GK5CN6Z / GK5CQ7Z / GK5CP0Z

Discussion in 'Other Manufacturers' started by sicily428, Apr 22, 2018.

1. abraham3991

abraham3991 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hey ya'll, I just flashed the bios and ec(1.16/1.33.09) and got the mechrevo gaming center(1.2.2.2). But there is this weird Chinese app that launches with the gaming center at start up and plays music, anyway to remove that annoying program or do I have to install the whole mechrevo gaming center and install a diff one. Also what's the most stable/powerful combo of bios/ec/gaming center?

Last edited: Dec 23, 2018
  2. Bettercopy232

Bettercopy232 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Give me the image? And go into task manager and startup tab.

3. Daniel_PT

Daniel_PT Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Well there you go! For such a low framerate, even a dual core with hypertrheading would do. That´s why you won´t see your CPU downclocking much, it anything at all. The problems start when you want to take advantage of a high refresh display. At 60fps (GPU bottlenbeck), the CPU is barely working, so it will never reach its power limit.

If by any chance you try to connect the device to an external 144hz monitor and use Low Settings, 80% res scale 1080p, uncapped framerate, your CPU will struggle to maintain the 3,9ghz, as it will be heavily used, specially on Battlefield.

4. cowdudeB

cowdudeB Newbie

Reputations:
    Successfully upgraded the ram in my 15+, didn't have much luck getting the trackpad tightened down, couldn't seem to get enough of the screwdriver down on it to turn it (or else it was already tight) and I didn't want to over tighten them either. Almost got the warranty sticker off without too much damage but then ripped the corner off trying to get it off the razor blade and dug a little in the case with the blade as well so it is obvious that it was removed anyway. The only game I really have that I can play is Forza Horizon 4. Prior to switching to the dual channel ram, it seemed to be a little jerky at times and in the new Fortune Island DLC it was even worse (more eye candy I guess), however, I didn't have any way to benchmark it since the game wouldn't start when I had MSI Afterburner running. After the change I did discover that the game can display the FPS and GPU utilization and turned that on. In the base game I was seeing rates from the mid 80s to the mid 100s and in the DLC it dropped from the 70s to 90s. For the video in the game I had it set to what it detected as optimal settings. I don't know if anyone else has this game and has seen similar numbers or what. I still am not in love with the trackpad (or like for that matter) and did they really have to make the corers on the front so sharp. Still not sure if I am going to keep it or not, but haven't found anything remotely interesting that is in my price range. Anyway just wanted to share my experience and see if anyone has seen anything similar.

5. Rbk_3

Rbk_3 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Playing Farm Sim 19 my cpu wattage is under 20 watts and I’m getting frame drops with only 70% GPU usage. Is this caused by the Ram issue? Cause it’s not even close to the 35 watts. For reference, my 6700k desktop cpu runs over 40 watts while playing.

Also ran Cinebench and the wattage was below 20 as well.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2018
  6. Tweak155

Tweak155 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    As far as the trackpad being finicky, I changed the sensitivity from Medium to Low and pretty much don't notice any other issues. Possibly the default image that came on the laptop had this on and it went away when I formatted.

7. dperolio

dperolio Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I hear you. I pretty much hate the touchpad. Part of the reason is that mine needs tightened, but that won't help with the rough feeling it has. It is like identical to the Logitech K400's wireless keyboard's touchpad, which was manufactured almost 8 years ago. The Logitech K830's wireless keyboard's touchpad even is much better.

8. GTRagnarok

GTRagnarok Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I would put a plastic protector over the trackpad. I'm still using mine with the plastic it came with over it, and I can't really complain. I was expecting the worst after using a MacBook for the past 5 years, but I'm pleasantly surprised. Had no problem transitioning to this trackpad.

9. Nates4Christ

Nates4Christ Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I have not done any gaming yet and I'm currently downloading Battlefield1. Have most people done a fresh windows iso install? I don't see any bloatware on mine and it seems running well without a new install.

10. abraham3991

abraham3991 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    i feltthe same way and didnt do a fresh install just updated bios and ec.