TONGFANG GK5CN5Z / GK5CN6Z / GK5CQ7Z / GK5CP0Z

Discussion in 'Other Manufacturers' started by sicily428, Apr 22, 2018.

1. barichon

barichon Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
  2. eiraku

eiraku Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
  3. eiraku

eiraku Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    As promised, I did find some downtime so here's the comparo. It's very rough though, as I just threw things together to record this (hence the very unfortunate lack of gloves).

Again, the Window default chime is set to 100% volume as a reference baseline.

And yes, if you punch the keys hard, they don't really sound all that different - though with slower pokes the Blue switches remain clicky as heck even with very little force, in complete contrast to the very muted Browns.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2018
    Arondel, dreamcat4 and Installed64 like this.
  4. TheTaxCollector

TheTaxCollector Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hey guys! I've been following this post for a while now and I've got a couple questions about this laptop.

1. How's the typing experience on the laptop? (Preferably about the brown switches) Are there any downsides to the mechanical keyboard? (Apart from the sound)

2. The 144hz screen. Any noticeable backlight bleed? How's the response time?, the reseller in my country advertises it at 5ms GTG.

3. How's the overall build quality and longevity of the laptop? Any weak points that I should watch out for?

4. Any further news or a release date on a 1070 Max-Q version of this laptop coming out?

Cheers!

5. Fastidious Reader

Fastidious Reader Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Typing is good browns aren't any louder than other laptop keyboards and the mechanical switch design can alleviate some fatigue for extended typing periods.

From what I've heard from those getting the IPS LG display there has been little to none. Meaning what some have experienced as bleed is more the Glow IPS displays experience.

Built quality is quite sturdy. No flex in the screen or top deck from what I've heard and both are aluminum Bottom is thick plastic and also very sturdy. Cools well though the heat pipe design generates heat above the hands along the ridge where the power and turbo buttons are.

As of now no. From what has been said that's up to NVIDIA in testing and certification on what can carry a Max Q card.

dreamcat4 likes this.
  6. dreamcat4

dreamcat4 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Just to explain this point a little bit further: the existence of hotspots is something generally speaking very difficult to avoid or eliminate for many such laptops, that use aluminium for the chassis material. Actually what makes the tongfang so much better than its competitors here is that the hotspot is both much smaller than other laptops. And also its in a location which is very rarely / not often used. And the times you do neet to press power or oc buton, its for a very short duration. This is excellent, that there is no hotspot on either side where your hands typically rest or are typing. Its really great for the usability, and keeping the heat as far away from the operator. If only other 'big brand' laptops (Dell, HP, etc) were more like this one.

7. Fastidious Reader

Fastidious Reader Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Yea keeps the hot spot up and away from the keys. A change over my old Clevo for sure

8. Chika-chan

Chika-chan Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Can the RGB wave effect be improved in some way to make it look better like other keyboards?

9. Antoine van Daalen

Antoine van Daalen Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Does anybody have any clue why my laptop is going off by itself?.. I will explain: I'm playing a game, randomly my keyboard lightning is gone and my game is lagging as ****.. than it just powers off like if u hold the power button. after a few seconds i see the battery light turning green or orange and i can power up the laptop. (already did a fresh windows install, throttlestop etc. temps are between 70c to 81c)

10. lKinder_Bueno

lKinder_Bueno Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Which bios do you have?