TONGFANG GK5CN5Z / GK5CN6Z / GK5CQ7Z / GK5CP0Z

Discussion in 'Other Manufacturers' started by sicily428, Apr 22, 2018.

1. TheTaxCollector

TheTaxCollector Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    There will be an option to have Cherry MX Brown switches coming to the 1060model (not sure about 1050ti). Cherry MX Brown switches are basically identical to Blue's (the ones that are currently on the laptop) however, they do not make the audible 'click' but do contain the tactile feeling when pressed.
    If want the laptop but dislike the clickiness of the keyboard, I suggest waiting for the model with the Cherry MX Brown Switches

2. Jacob Hawkes

Jacob Hawkes Company Representative

Reputations:
    Just to clarify, the switches on this laptop are not made by Cherry to my knowledge. They are a mechanical key switch in a Cherry MX Blue style, but not Cherry made.

Also worth noting, we are planning on introducing the Quiet (MX Brown type) keys for the 15.6" Recoil II once existing stock has sold through, so the next month or so by my estimation. These switches are standard on the 17.3" variant.

3. Leonard Fernandez

Leonard Fernandez Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Are the modded keys as quiet as real brown switches ?

Last edited: Oct 16, 2018
  4. Blebleuh

Blebleuh Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Nice to read that. As a customer of the Recoil II with clicky keyboard (french azerty, laptop bought about a month ago), will I be able to buy a new quiet french keyboard as replacement ?

Do you know which key layout will the quiet keyboard be sold with ? I mean between the actual one with white edges on arrows, W, A, S and D, or a sober one ?

5. Leonard Fernandez

Leonard Fernandez Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I want x8ti plus by mechrevo. It has clicky sounds so I guess it still had the blue switches.
    Is that right?
    And how high is the response time of the screen?

Last edited: Oct 17, 2018
  6. arcticjoe

arcticjoe Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Hey Jacob,
    Can you confirm whether the keyboard in 17.3" model fits the 15.6" model? Asking not just because of the brown switches, but the keycaps look better as well on that one - I find the 15.6" ones too flat, so when I touch type its harder to feel the placement of your fingers without looking.

7. lKinder_Bueno

lKinder_Bueno Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I asked to buy the 15 inch keyboard and they told me the keyboard is builtin in the case, so they can't sell it. I think it is a lie because if you go on fortunetechnology (their shop for resellers) they sell the keyboard as single part.
    I suppose it will end as the display upgrade, they will say something like it doesn't fit or gtfo

8. Blebleuh

Blebleuh Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Furthermore you can buy replacement keyboards. I asked if you can buy individual switches and or caps, and they answered me than you can only buy the full keyboard with switches+caps. So why not making the quiet keyboard available this sway ?
    [​IMG]

9. lKinder_Bueno

lKinder_Bueno Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    But they told to me they were only caps :/
    The final price is also very low. It is just ~35€

10. Fastidious Reader

Fastidious Reader Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    To ask could you buy the concave key caps that XMG uses?