TONGFANG GK5CN5Z / GK5CN6Z / GK5CQ7Z / GK5CP0Z

Discussion in 'Other Manufacturers' started by sicily428, Apr 22, 2018.

1. yachar

yachar Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi everybody. I am a habitual reader of this thread but although now I had no registered, thanks to everyone for so much information available...

So, my question is: anyone knows if there is any option to buy an entire keyboard replacement? I have a Recoil II from PCS and some of my key switches are broken because an accident and PCS tells me that they only send keys as replacement, no the keyboard so I am looking for any other seller who can sell me the entire keyboard. Any idea? I asked Illegear about their new "brown switch" option and I am waiting for the response...

2. barichon

barichon Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    @lKinder_Bueno Do you have a link to PCS Bios ? I have ordered mine on a Frech site names pcw.fr and I would like to update Bios/EC.

Also, where can I have instructions to flash EC and Bios ?

3. lKinder_Bueno

lKinder_Bueno Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Mechrevo 1.16 Bios. EC 1.33.09 : https://drive.google.com/open?id=1SLWpjYzABmUQK1tEIoIDa8JvWGY5gQHG
    XMG 1.03 Bios. EC 1.29.09 : https://drive.google.com/open?id=1htHPRexB941-UoumWXr8n52_wR-A8xx4
    PCS 1.04 Bios. EC 1.25.09 : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1htHPRexB941-UoumWXr8n52_wR-A8xx4/view?usp=sharing
    ILLEGEAR 1.06 EC 1.24.09 : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1j61BUR2jXHuCfqPQtiivI-o8wwi8ORVo/view?usp=sharing

0. Download&unzip the firmware and copy the 3 folders on USB.
    0.5. Power on and tap F2 key repeatedly. Bios will open up. Go in Security > Secure Boot > Disabled. Press F4 for save the changes and reboot.

1. Power on and tap the F10 key repeatedly as soon as you turn on the system. This will bring up the boot menu.

2. Select USB flash drive from the boot menu and press [Enter] to select this option.

3. This will open the EFI Shell. At the top of the screen, your drives are listed under ‘fs#’, where # is the drive number. Please find the drive number associated with your ‘Removable Drive’, it will be described as a USB Device and should be the bottom most option on the list.

4. Type the following commands, pressing [Enter] after each and substituting the ‘#’ with the relevant drive number. (ex. FS2: )

FS#:

CD EC

F.NSH

the laptop will shutdown and update the EC.

5. Power the system back on and tap the F7 key repeatedly while laptop boots to re-enter the boot menu.

6. Select USB flash drive from the boot menu and press [Enter] to select this option. Type the following commands.

FS#:

CD BIOS

F.NSH

the laptop will shutdown and update the BIOS.

7. Power on and tap F2 key repeatedly. Bios will open up. Press F3 to load Optimized Value. Go in Security > Secure Boot > Enabled.
    Press F4 for save the changes and reboot.

4. barichon

Reputations:
    I have done this but the USB Boot doesn't launch anything when I click on it.

5. stesteste

stesteste Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Thanks for the explanation, I’ve switched back to the previous gaming center I had because fits better my needs.

About the bios is there any possibility to change the boot logo? It’s not an important thing, just aesthetic, but I don’t like the mechrevo’s booting logo so much.

6. Fastidious Reader

Fastidious Reader Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Which Bios does Eluktronics use?

7. Caas

Caas Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    The brown keyboard is so much better than the default blues. With the blue the keys were shaky and sometimes inputs are registered even without pressing to the point where the blue click triggers, but now I no longer have any of those issues. Overall quality and feel is a huge improvement and feedback is solid. Also I no longer have to be paranoid about my heavy typing when in public.

Blebleuh, lKinder_Bueno and steberg like this.
  8. comp5

comp5 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    This improved keyboard will be available also for the 15'' model?

9. barichon

Reputations:
    @Caas How did you get it ?

10. lKinder_Bueno

lKinder_Bueno Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Where did you bought the keyboard?