TONGFANG GK5CN5Z / GK5CN6Z / GK5CQ7Z / GK5CP0Z

Discussion in 'Other Manufacturers' started by sicily428, Apr 22, 2018.

1. arcticjoe

arcticjoe Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I like the look of that keyboard... I wonder whether it would fit into GK5CN5Z chassis? In the photos it looks to be of similar dimensions.

2. 99-0

99-0 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Today the battery arrived. With my XMG setup I think I can reach around 5-6h with low power consumption settings.Linuxwise the battery gives me 3:30h up from 2h, but keep in mind I haven't set anything up that lowers the cpu. It just fires with full speed all the time, so with proper cpupower settings 4-5h might be possible. Right now while typing this Windows tells me I have 3:20h left with 56% battery power. I am quite happy withe the battery. I didn't remove the 2.5 cable, I tugged the, "plug"- dunno what the proper english expression is for that plastic thingy at the end of the cable is - under the 2nd m2. Worked for me.

steberg likes this.
  3. Mobius 1

Mobius 1 Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    you meant to tuck the cable?

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/tuck

4. 99-0

99-0 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Haha, yes obviously. I am not that brave as David to simply pull on a cable, which other end sticks somewhere on the dark side of the motherboard. I tucked the connector, but didn't remove the cable.
    Does that makes sense to you ? :D

5. david04

david04 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Lol, wow you're a magician! I couldn't find a way to tuck it. Good to know

6. admiralnerf

admiralnerf Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Does anyone know how Gamingcenter alters/stores the profiles for the lighting? I don't much like the interface and would like to sync the light bar + keyboard color with my Rainmeter color scheme using another program (wasn't too hard to write something to edit the .ini files rainmeter uses thanks to ini4j), but I'm not sure where Gamingcenter is storing that stuff.

7. damole

damole Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
  8. admiralnerf

admiralnerf Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Oh, thanks! TYVM

9. arcticjoe

arcticjoe Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    So I've re-installed windows and now my CPU seems to be running a fair bit hotter than before despite the same Throttlestop settings used. Previously TS bench would stay around the 45w TDP mark and now it hits 55w, even with fans in turbo mode. I've re-installed the same version of gaming centre as previously, so am I little stumped as to why CPU seems to be using higher voltage this time around.
    Thinking of using the v1.16 BIOS as blebleuh to see if that helps, could someone point me in the direction of where I can download it?

10. Blebleuh

Blebleuh Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    You can download it here. Careful, it seems to be for GK5CN6Z only !
    Simple batch installation instructions translated from chinese here (original here).
    Instructions describes the simple way for installation process with batch files (no EFI boot on USB drive). I'm not an expert at all on this topic but people say it's easy to brick your laptop with this method. If you do it anyway I suggest you to close all other app and window, unplug any device except AC adapter, and dont touch your laptop during the process (unless you're asked to). I did it twice and had no problem.

I don't know how to make a EFI installer archive from the provided files by Mechrevo. @lKinder_Bueno I believe you did this before with XMG BIOS. Can you give me some details ? I'll then put explanations on the mega-post I'm writing. By the way, the post is almost done with almost every file uploaded :) I just lack some GK5CN5Z BIOS, actually I only have one from Illegear (BIOS 1.06 EC 1.24.09). Do you know where I can got other ones ? Cannot find them :(

Last edited: Oct 6, 2018