TONGFANG GK5CN5Z / GK5CN6Z / GK5CQ7Z / GK5CP0Z

Discussion in 'Other Manufacturers' started by sicily428, Apr 22, 2018.

1. david04

david04 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hey all, just an update on my upgraded bigger battery:
    So I've actually purchased from this site before and they've always shipped fast. I got my battery yesterday (12 days total) to the U.S. After my purchase, Julie, the owner of the site reached out with customer care. She also mentioned they shipped to Europe, in case anyone is interested.
    https://cheap-laptop-batteries.com/laptop-battery/getac-gk5cn-00-13-4s1p-0.htm

My notebook is a Eluktronics Mech 15 G2 (1060, 144hz, 8750h)
    The install is straight forward, I had to sacrifice the 2.5" drive and remove the cable, but everything else stayed in place. All of the preexisting bolts lined up. I made sure to run CPU benchmarks before and after the install to ensure the battery is outputting the power it needs. No issues so far.

I'm running real world tests but it seems my battery life went from 2 hours to about 3.5-4, depending on the usage. I was hoping to get at least 6, but I can't complain.

Let me know if you have any questions. Before and after pics attached.

Attached Files:

Vasudev, LanceAvion, Arondel and 5 others like this.
  2. Blebleuh

Blebleuh Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I see what you mean, I observed what commands are run by F.bat and I learned from it :) Typing "OemServiceWinApp.exe help" also gives good informations :

After seeing this I thought "why not give another try to most recent things, huh ?". So I (re)installed latest BIOS 1.16 and EC 1.33.09 as explained, installed last 1.2.2.2 gaming center (with my little tweak to avoid animations) and from what I see now, the key parameter is if you are in GAMING or OFFICE mode as fan setting. OFFICE mode will stick PL1 and PL2 at 35W while GAMING mode will release them up to 55 and 65W, regardless of the performance mode you use. So we have to keep in mind that OFFICE fan mode also also a kind of CPU power limiting and saving mode.

Performance modes will change minimum and/or maximum clock rate. In gaming and high performance modes you are stuck to 4000+MHz even when idle, while in power saving mode you will never exceed 2200MHz (so you should never reach PL1, which stays at 55W if you are in Gaming mode as fan setting).

Seems like my problem is now solved ! Everything seems to run fine with these lastest BIOS, EC and Gaming center. I can get a very low 0.5W PKG power when idle has well has a solid 55-65W at almost maximum clock speed without thermal throttling. Good results in Cinebench R15 between 1250 and 1260. Also the GAMING fan mode seems very reliable and well more optimized than on previous gaming center version. I guess fans are off under 40°C and seems to have a very progressive curve above, with some hysteresis.
    So now I'm wondering if GAMING/OFFICE fan modes were the key of my problems since the beginning (as I almost all the time set fan mode to Office... while never thinking that it might impact CPU power). Anyway now I think I can say "victory !" and spend my time somewhere else ^^

steberg likes this.
  3. steberg

steberg Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I also installed the latest BIOS and EC with Gamecenter 1.2.2.2 and now I can control it much easier. Again I see 1260 in CB15 with the new BIOS.

4. Owenhehe

Owenhehe Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    You are an excellent fellow human beings, thank you very much for the service done to our planet. I am thinking about getting one as well, though the cost will be quite steep. I have to buy one extra SSD for the storage. Will wait until Christmas to get a deal on SSD.

david04 likes this.
  5. stesteste

stesteste Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Thanks, I've done all and now I'm getting same values as yours in HWiNFO and 1265 points on Cinebench. The fact that the power limit is increased is seen by the CPU Power Limit 4 (PL4) value that is increased from 80W to 110W? Thank you again.

steberg likes this.
  6. david04

david04 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    haha no worries! We're all trying to look out for each other. Are you in Europe? They also have a Euro store: https://www.battery-store.eu/laptopcomputer/1005072.htm

I love the laptop but I wish the screen was brighter. Does anyone know if this uses a standard eDP 40pin?

Owenhehe and steberg like this.
  7. damole

damole Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    What settings do you use to get 1260 in Cinebench?

During the testing of the different version of Gaming Center I got an error from XTU when rebooting. I didnt't look at the error properly but after the reboot XTU would not work claiming other monitoring software was already running. Finally I ran system restore and now XTU works again although it ran like it was the first time and now I get the following warning.

WatchdogCoverage.PNG

Last edited: Oct 2, 2018
  8. Antoine van Daalen

Antoine van Daalen Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I sent my laptop 3 weeks ago for RMA. The laptop kept on booting to the bios. the motherboard has been replaced. I picked it up last Friday from the retailer.

I played some R6 Siege today. no problems, laptop worked as it should work. Until I came back from the gym in the evening. Wants to start up my laptop and it took 2 minutes before it finally starts up and my fan makes a strange crackin noise. I always turn off the laptop and remove the adapter before I leave. Also a row on the numpad remains blue. I can't turn it off or set it on a different color. If I turn the lightning off in the bios this row remains blue same for gaming center.

When I plug in the adapter the orange led turns on and this blue row, but after 2 seconds the whole keyboard turns on blue while the laptop is just off and charging...

I just want to play games and use it for school. And not want to have this weird issues.

Tommorow I'll go to the retailer. IMG_20181002_211447.jpeg [​IMG] Screenshot_Galerij_20181003-034916.jpeg

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk

9. stesteste

stesteste Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Nothing special, just a basic 125 undervolt with XTU and the power limit “mod” from @steberg.
    I’m doing the test in gaming mode obviously connected to the 180w power adapter. If usefull I’m using the gaming center 1.1.16.4 from Eluktronics with animations disabled.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2018
    steberg likes this.
  10. Owenhehe

Owenhehe Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Yes, I am in the UK. Thanks for posting the website, will order one during Christmas deal season.