TONGFANG GK5CN5Z and TONGFANG GK5CN6Z

Discussion in 'Other Manufacturers' started by sicily428, Apr 22, 2018.

1. dreamcat4

dreamcat4 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    It seems that the vast majority of resellers do not go into any specifics about the audio chipset inside these machines. However after a bit more searching, have found this german one who is saying it's a realtek chipset:

https://bto.eu/product/xbook-15cl872/

So not creative chip then... hence no need for the superfluous creative software, etc.

2. Phoenix1221

Phoenix1221 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Well it's not that I'm bothered much to have a SB card, but if they advertise it with a SB Card (I even had the sticker on my laptop), then it should have it otherwise it's false advertising. Don't get me wrong, the laptop is still a bang for your bucks, but you get what I mean.

3. dreamcat4

dreamcat4 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    All i'm trying to say is: try looking in device manager for something called 'realtek', instead of 'creative'... might find it's there / recognized. Then everything's working (at least, from a device driver standpoint). Just to have that peace of mind it's setup correctly.

Whether you think it should be a creative chip (or otherwise advertised differently)... that is another matter.

4. Phoenix1221

Reputations:
    Other than "HD Audio Device" I don't have anything else, which is probably the realtek chip then.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

5. OliverL87

OliverL87 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    its a realtek chip.
    i had some problems with the audio. so i installed the realtek chip driver and the realtek high definition audio codec, now it works fine.

6. Nap0l3on

Nap0l3on Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:

It was strange to me that there was no Realtek configuration options. In another forum, I found that Realtek Audio Consol is the place for the settings. (https://preview.ibb.co/mgQq2T/realtech.png)
    (I installed offical realtek site HD audio installer, but no configuration options.)
    SoundBlaster works perfectly for Mechrevo drivers for me. (zip link: wetranslink ) (https://preview.ibb.co/mTXg98/cb.png) /Install AB app (largenumber packeg), UWP services, And EQ/

7. lKinder_Bueno

lKinder_Bueno Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I have installed the new 1.25.09 EC and the 1.04 Bios from PCS to test it out and i discovered some new (and i hope useful) things.
    • You can flash the 1.25.09 EC on the 1.10 Mechrevo Bios without any trouble and continue to use the 1.10 bios.
    • You can downgrade the bios without any issue. I went from 1.10 mechrevo to 1.04 from PCS.
    • The 1.04 PCS Bios doesn't have any OTP option
    • If you upgraded to 1.25.09 EC DON'T INSTALL 1.10 MECHREVO BIOS USING THE BATCH FILE!!!!!! There is a REALLY HIGH CHANCE YOU BRICK YOUR LAPTOP. The batch file install the new bios and 1.23.09 EC.
    I read somewhere on baidu that the 1.10 bios is just the 1.04 modded, but i'm not so sure, i just used google translate.

PERONAL THOUGHTs:
    If you are on <=1.23.09 EC upgrade to Mechrevo Bios and then upgrade the EC
    If you flashed the Mechrevo Bios just update the EC and stay on Mechrevo Bios.

The first benchmark are worse than 1.10 from mechrevo, but i have to check it up better.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
    OliverL87 and Phoenix1221 like this.
  8. Phoenix1221

Reputations:
    Great stuff mate, very helpful, thanks for posting your results. Are these results with ThrottleStop modified settings? (undervolt, etc)

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

9. Nap0l3on

Nap0l3on Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:

WoW here is my CB results, very similiar results on my config. (TG Kryonaut and Artic Thermal Pad 1.5mm, max 83C - stress test (cpu+vga) )
    [​IMG]

10. Turnip

Turnip Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    So I've had my laptop for about 2-3 weeks now and while I've ironed out basically all my issues, I noticed something today that is now bugging me because I don't remember if it was here before or not.
    I have the 144hz screen and I've just now noticed there is a thin black border around the screen. They persist even when its turned off - I can still see the color difference. It's more of a cosmetic slight really, and seems like these should be covered by the bezel, but I just wanted to confirm if anyone else had this as well? To see if its the actual border of the panel itself or if I have some other issue that just popped it. It just seems strange that I wouldn't have noticed it up until this point.

Edit: I've already stopped noticing it so it probably has been here the entire time.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018