TONGFANG GK5CN5Z and TONGFANG GK5CN6Z

Discussion in 'Other Manufacturers' started by sicily428, Apr 22, 2018.

1. eiraku

eiraku Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I've been using the Lite-On 180w adapter (MSI/Asus/Clevo head) and Asus's own slim 180w adapters with no issues, if you're looking for "compatible" adapters. I got both from eBay.

Also, Clevo P95xx compatible Chicony 180w units should work fine too, and I see a few units on eBay from time to time, but they're usually a tad on the pricey side compared to the Lite-On and Asus units.

Turnip and mantiyeah like this.
  2. Phoenix1221

Phoenix1221 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Guys, I created a google drive folder for drivers/software that is not covered by Windows Updates as of now. I will keep updating it regularly, as the drivers come. If any of you guys have any newer, let me know and I'll bang it on the drive. Here is the link:
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1v41mGIzcrXCMYAf363oTzwemr59_4LzW?usp=sharing

AFAIK, these are all you need to install after a fresh Windows install to make the laptop fully working. (excluding nVidia drivers and the such, which you can get with nVidia Experience and the such, for intel driver updates I use intel driver assistant, quite good) NOTE: These are all drivers for Windows 10 x64.

I also got the Mechrevo 1.10 firmware up there.

Tony Palmer, Turnip, steberg and 2 others like this.
  3. Turnip

Turnip Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Another question I have though is: Why is this laptop so cheap? Relative to basically any other decent 1060 laptop Ive seen, it beats them in price. It even beats 1050 ti laptops, at its most barebones. Are there cut corners that we just dont know about yet? Are components bad? Will we just have to wait and see?

Eluktronics also has one of TongFang's other laptops availible and it has a gtx 1070 option for as low as about ~1,150$. That is absurd. How are they doing it?

4. Phoenix1221

Reputations:
    I'm guessing cheap labour and not putting a lot on top for profit as it's not under a massive brand therefore not so well known, took me ages to find mine. I get the feeling that it's kinda like how Xiaomi used to be. They made decent stuff for really cheap and they only started charging more when they became well known. On that note, you can get the Xiaomi Notebook Pro for a steal on Gearbest if you wait for q deal, which they do quite often.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

5. Tony Palmer

Tony Palmer Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Guessing the fact new GPU's are imminent is another reason 1060 is a decent card but will soon be replaced.

6. lKinder_Bueno

lKinder_Bueno Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    it will replaced the next year. Nvidia CEO said that the new nvidia are far

Because this it the first time Tongfang started to produce notebook not only for china

7. damole

damole Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    They don't have service centres and staff training or marketing costs. I think it's very expensive to set up in a new country with all the support you need to give your distributor and retailers.

8. damole

damole Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Does the PCS model have a UK keyboard with a £ key on the top row?

9. lKinder_Bueno

lKinder_Bueno Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    PCS has all layouts, so if it is written UK layout, it is the standard UK layout. Mine has italian layout, just for saying

10. Phoenix1221

Reputations:
    Yes, mine has shift+3 combination for £

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk