Tongfang GK5C6X - Evoo gaming 15" EG-LP5-BK - Overpowered V 2.0

Discussion in 'Other Manufacturers' started by NYalex, Dec 2, 2019.

1. NorseKnight

NorseKnight Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I'm assuming this is the screen I want to adjust that, but what exactly should I change here?
    [​IMG]

2. genexis_x

genexis_x Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Personally I would suggest changing long power max to something lower while in games / GPU is loaded at the same time, eg 45 or 50

3. NorseKnight

Reputations:
    Wont lowering the value cause it to throttle even more? I thought the idea was to decrease throttling

4. speedy21589

speedy21589 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Has anyone been able to get their package C-state to go deeper than C2 (as per the battery optimization guide on these forums)? When idling my CPU package power can't go lower than 1.7-1.8W and I'm fairly certain this is the reason why. I've tried multiple different drivers as well as a clean install and nothing has worked so far.

5. NorseKnight

Reputations:
    HWInfo64 isn't showing the P1 volt limit changes. I dropped it to 50 in TS, but it didn't register in HWInfo.

I'm assuming this is just an issue with HWInfo not displaying it properly I guess.
    I still keep getting thermal limit throttling, even though my avg temps are around 73 under load. How do I prevent a core spike from causing the CPU to throttle?
    Do I need to disable Intel Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework? "DPTF"

6. NYalex

NYalex Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    for those of you undervolting the cpu, i have a question.

i see the laptop ships with -50mv undervolt from factory.

lets say i want to get to -100mv, do i i have to set the undervolt in bios to 0 and then -100 on throttlestop? or can i just leave -50 in bios and do a -100 on throttlestop?

7. eddi3x3x3

eddi3x3x3 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I believe throttlestop will over write the -50mv

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

8. NorseKnight

Reputations:
    The factory BIOS wont allow you to under volt any more than the -.050 mv. As far as I know you need software such as throttlestop to go further

9. dexvx

dexvx Newbie

Reputations:
    I just received the EVOO today.

Random notes:
    - Running 3dMark Timespy, CPU/GPU temperature was around 80C with stock settings (50mV undervolt).
    - The stock BiWin 512GB M.2 SATA SSD is okay speed (500/500 MB/s sequential read/write), but its temps are at ~55C, which seems high.
    - 2x 8GB Goldkey DDR4-2666 SODIMM
    - Intel 9560 WiFi

One thing I would like help with is fan speed control. With a 125mV undervolt, the CPU/GPU temperature is now around 70C, but the fans are probably at 100%. I replaced the BiWin SATA M.2 SSD with a Samsung PM981. Naturally, I lost all the EVOO specific software, and they do not seem to be available online. Is there any other software to control the fan speed curves or perhaps where to get the EVOO software?

10. speedy21589

speedy21589 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    You could try the Illegear Prodigy command center - I tried it on a clean install and it seems to be pretty much the same as the EVOO software. Neither of them give you fine control over fan speeds but you can select between office, gaming, and turbo modes.

Are you able to get deeper package C-states with the Samsung SSD? I'm wondering if the BiWin drive is the culprit for keeping the CPU package stuck at C2.