Tongfang GK5C6X - Evoo gaming 15" EG-LP5-BK - Overpowered V 2.0

Discussion in 'Other Manufacturers' started by NYalex, Dec 2, 2019.

1. NYalex

NYalex Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    By the way, i wonder if anyone else is having this issue:

Laptop randomly wakes up when lid is closed.

i checked what is waking it up, and see it as "ACPI event" whatever that means, i have no clue whatsoever.
    Laptop always loses all battery charge when i close the lid and leave it alone for 1-2 days.

when lid is closed, it's supposed to go to sleep, which it does. but for some unknown reason it randomly wakes up, EVERY FREAKING TIME. doesn't matter on battery or plugged in, the darn thing wakes up from sleep by itself with the lid closed.

2. Faisal Siddiqui

Faisal Siddiqui Newbie

Reputations:
    On the stock unit, while gaming the temps were reaching above 90 degrees, and that was just plain hurting to see.

So here are a couple of things I did, with the help from the feedback of this forum:

• The Biwin SSD was always above 60 degrees, so replaced it with Samsung Evo. (kept it as a secondary drive for some time but the temps didn't falll even after being the secondary drive. So got it out for good)
    • Got an additional laptop cooler - This dropped my temps while gaming by about 5-8 degrees.
    • ThrottleStop - even undervolting didn't drop my temps much, but disabling the Turbo brought the temps in early 70's
    So now gaming doesn't hurt much.

Don't ask why I game on a laptop.... it's only for Call of Duty : Warzone... gaming online with family. #grounded

3. jfletcha

jfletcha Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Thanks, that is my current plan- we can't swap the biwin to the second slot. I think I'll try a clone first, but I'm fine with a complete reinstall if needed, I've got all the drivers backed up (and I'll have the biwin as well).

Do you know if the sleep level issues are fixed if we change boot to the second m2 slot and leave the biwin?

4. jfletcha

jfletcha Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Yes!! Same here. Hoping replacing the hd tomorrow works :D

I was thinking it was my mouse, but I made sure that was off, and that the laptop was also sleeping before I walked away.

Warm in the morning!!

5. Daffyjjh

Daffyjjh Newbie

Reputations:
    Anyone know if there is a control center app, maybe from one of the other resellers, that allows you to change individual key colors? I had that on the Overpowered LP2 I bought last year and miss it on this one.
    Thanks!

6. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox BGA Filth-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    The one from Eluktronics should and I believe the one from Monster does, too. AFAIK they are the same Control Center software, just have different branding and icons.

7. Daffyjjh

Daffyjjh Newbie

Reputations:
    Thank you Mr. Fox. I am not familiar with the Monster version, which reseller are they? The Eluktronics version is the G2, correct? Also, have you ever stumbled across a bios update from any of them?

8. jmandawg

jmandawg Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Anyone know if you can charge or do video out over the usb-c port? Was considering a usb-c dock if it's possible. If not my lazy ass will have to plug/unplug 3-4 cables to dock/un-dock

I grabbed one off VIPOutlet, unfortunately the touchpad is defective. The movement is inverted, choppy, and non-responsive. My only option is to return for a refund and possibly rebuy it for ~$100 more.

Does anyone know the touchpad part number, where to get it, and if it is easily replaceable? I am debating doing this if it makes sense.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2020
  9. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox BGA Filth-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    I do not think so. Here is what I use with my MECH-15.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0797NWDCB

10. eurodj101

eurodj101 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    You think a evoo 1660ti will be faster than my gs65 rtx 2060 thkning bout getting one if its worth the upgrade an sell the gs65 til ampere comes out

Mr. Fox likes this.