Tongfang GK5C6X - Evoo gaming 15" EG-LP5-BK - Overpowered V 2.0

Discussion in 'Other Manufacturers' started by NYalex, Dec 2, 2019.

1. NYalex

NYalex Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Finally found a skin that was designed for the evoo gaming LP5 (the 1660ti version).

i went thru 3 different skins for similar tongfang based models, none of them were quite the correct model that resembles the evoo gaming laptop from Walmart.

installation was a pain in the butt, one of the most difficult laptop skins i've ever done. The skin quality is mediocre at best, the carbon fiber has no texture like the dbrand skins. But it protects my laptop, and that's all i care for.

I asked seller to not have a logo cutout for the top lid. i wanted to completely cover the logo.

https://imgur.com/a/FQhLwyy

they do include enough skin to cover the entire laptop and even the sides of the top lid as well as the base.

fitment is pretty darn good, but get ready to be frustrated to no end with the large pieces. Take your time and do it slowly.

here's the link from where i got it:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Laptop-Sti...var=512629595211&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

this is a skin for the MECHREVO Z2 air 15.6" <----this is the equivalent tongfang chassis from a different manufacturer. same as the evoo gaming LP-5 (9750h + 1660ti).

2. hodgeMN

hodgeMN Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Does this model with the GTX 1660ti have the additional power boost on the GPU like the 17" version does on the 2060?

3. genexis_x

genexis_x Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I can confirm this, Aftershock/Level51 told me the same thing (they sell Tongfangs)

4. speedy21589

speedy21589 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Wait, which model is coming unglued? This 15" chassis, or the 17"?

5. genexis_x

genexis_x Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    What I'm trying to say is, many Tongfangs have glued display

My bad, didn't read carefully

6. seahawk10

seahawk10 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    It looks sharp, no matter how frustrating it was. Well done!

Yes, the 17" EVOO with the 2060 has their own version of Eluktoboos turned on in Turbo mode. Their gaming center has three modes, Office, Gaming and Turbo.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2020
  7. eurodj101

eurodj101 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hi guys im eyeing the 15" model just cause it seems to good a deal to pass up.....how is the trackpad on these?? I have a gs65 and mbp tp compare....i heard from someone that it was bad....is this the general concensus?

8. NYalex

Reputations:
    the trackpad has a smooth surface and uses windows precision, it's not bad for a gaming laptop. i wish it was a bit bigger tho.

i have used macbook pros and nothing in this world beats the trackpads on macbooks. So do not expect any laptop out there to be even close to a macbook trackpad. The closest windows laptop that can compete with the mac's trackpad might be the xps 15.

9. eurodj101

eurodj101 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Someone told me the laptop has a metal lide and top deck but bottom cover is plastic, does it feel sturdy?

10. NYalex

Reputations:
    bottom is hard plastic, its sturdy enough.