Tongfang GK5C6X - Evoo gaming 15" EG-LP5-BK - Overpowered V 2.0

Discussion in 'Other Manufacturers' started by NYalex, Dec 2, 2019.

1. KillTheRiddick

KillTheRiddick Newbie

Reputations:
    It’s probably due to an inconsistent application of thermal paste… Or really cheap thermal paste to begin with... I cannot imagine it’s the heat pipe itself, as we are just really talking hey series of metal tubes… Very unlikely that any of them would be blocked.

I would recommend looking on YouTube and you will find a tutorial on removing the entire heat sink apparatus and reapplying thermal paste... it does not look hard.

Also people have a great deal of luck with using a tool/program called throttle stop to keep the CPU and GPU from getting excessively hot while still maintaining High performance.

genexis_x likes this.
  2. dtms

dtms Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Do you have a link from where you got the installers for the control center and bios (i presume i can get the Nvidia control panel directly from Nvidia's website)?

3. ditchmagnet

ditchmagnet Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    So the 17" 2060 is cheap right now right? This laptop also features "eluktroboost" type tech?

4. raduque

raduque Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    The 15.6 1650 model is $650, i7-9750H, 16gb, 256gb SSD. The 1660ti model is $899 with a 512gb SSD. But at that point I should probably just get the 17" RTX 2060 with the 1tb SSD for only $100 more.

Opinions, please?

5. AyoMayo

AyoMayo Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    With a +150 OC, the 2060 on this laptop clocks and performs like an average desktop 2060. However, the keys are pretty bad, worse than the keys on the OP 15 and 17 inchers. If performance is all you care about I'd definitely get the 2060 one.

6. custom90gt

custom90gt Doc Mod Super Moderator

Reputations:
    How are the keys any worse if it's the same laptop? Did they change the keyboard in addition to the newer cpu/gpu?

7. raduque

Reputations:
    I think I read somewhere that the original OP-branded models had membrane keyboards, while the new ones are mechanicals.

How does a mobile 1650 compare to a desktop RX580 4gb? That's my baseline, and if it can get within 10-15% of the RX580, I'd be happy. I mainly want good FPS in WoWS, STO while not at home. Maybe some of the latest AAA games at lower settings.

8. AyoMayo

AyoMayo Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    The keys on this had louder, clickier switches and are noticeably more spongy. It's most likely a quality control reason with EVOO.

Both 15" and 17" OP laptops had mechanical keys, and only the EVOO 17" has mechanical keys this time. The OP keys were a much better experience to use.

9. raduque

Reputations:
    Well, I'm leaning a little towards the EVOO 15" with the 1650. That model doesn't have the mechanical keyboard?

10. hodgeMN

hodgeMN Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    The keyboards on these are the same as the OP models.