1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

To anyone who wants to buy MW2 - watch this first

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by LisuPoland, Dec 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tobuk

Tobuk Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    On regular games (those that are not hardcore variants), players do have slightly less health than MW1. Plus, MW1 had the perk that gave you extra health, and they removed that in MW2... So people who were used to having a boatload of health might notice the difference.

Personally, I'm glad they tweaked it. In MW1, even with stopping power equipped, it was damn near impossible to get a one-shot kill with a sniper rifle.

2. houstoned

houstoned Yoga Pants Connoisseur.

Reputations:
    i don't get that many connection problems either. i think alot of it is just exaggerated cuz the player is just frustrated at the time. i do get them once in a while, but it's nowhere near as "unplayable" like alot of guys are sayin.

@ tobuk: i agree about the health thing. i never cared for extra health. i just care about gettin better so i can try to dodge booollets :D

3. 07torchgt

07torchgt Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    its actually quite unplayable for me but i make do and just have fun unless i have red bars... i hate yellow bars too...

i am stationed on guam and we have horrible latency here to the US... i hate playing anything but hardcore modes because no one plays tactically... they all just want to run n gun...

there are fewer players in hardcore modes so well placed shots sometimes makes up for the latency as opposed to when people pump out full mags when i come around a corner but on my screen it shows me shooting first and my rounds never made target...

IWnet is jacked up in that I can invite 6 people from guam and we are all in the lobby and 1 guy from the states merges with us... he gets to host which leaves 6 red or yellow barred and 1 green barred... how does that make sense...

4. Ferrari

Ferrari Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I have to agree with him about the weapons. Its more of an arcade game.

The way they designed the weapons in both modern warfare games suck. Select fire wepons are not select fire, they are always full auto. Bullet ballistic representation is unacurate and ridiculous.

About the chopper gunner... Its like that in real life, if the gunner sees you on his MFD's and is in range you are dead, no but or ands you are dead. Except that there is a cool down on the guns...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVfeZiKfDV4&feature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgucy4xTC50&feature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q370x-4z7o8&feature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TScyMl68ADw&feature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6eK5_-JAZ8Y&feature=related

5. MGS2392

MGS2392 NAND Cat!

Reputations:
    SP is good, but IWNet definitely sucks. Between getting bumped out of servers for no reason, host migrations (and failing host migrations), and just overall lag, it's easily the worst part of the game.

6. Rorschach

Rorschach Notebook Virtuoso NBR Reviewer

Reputations:
    Single player is awesome, but ridiculously short. Multiplayer was fun for a while, but the maps are way to small for my liking and the lack of vehicles really kills it for me. I quit playing weeks ago, especially after buying prototype and borderlands.

7. v_c

v_c Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I only watched the first minute or two if the first video, and the guy seems very silly and worked-up, but....

He is right. The health system is different to MW1 and encourages camping.

8. smittyjensen

smittyjensen Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    i'm lol'ing at this guy, ZamatoElite.

see his other videos...HALO ODST = alternate way of saying poo, Nintendo Wii = alternate way of saying poo, Killzone 2 (campaign) = alternate way of saying poo, Battlefield Bad Company 2 BETA = alternate way of saying poo.

then he has Apple Computers = EXCELLENT

this guy fails...miserably.

9. 5150Joker

5150Joker Tech|Inferno

Reputations:
    I trolled the comments section for zamatoelite. I don't care about mw2 or the mp, i just wanted to mess with him lol.

10. smittyjensen

smittyjensen Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    lulz, srsly man...i hate ppl on youtube who act like this. post something informative or useful...not this ranting bullshovitz.

lol i just found out about this trey brotherhood...wow. day after i get a ps3. i hate fanboys o so much.

not to be a fanboy, but i think it's common knowledge..."if u you have the money, pc rapes all!"
    -a previous console only owner (i was all pro-360 back about 6 months ago lol)