1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

To anyone who wants to buy MW2 - watch this first

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by LisuPoland, Dec 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AmazingGracePlayer

AmazingGracePlayer Notebook Deity

I know that, it doesn't need to be customized for easy chaining. See my previous post if you don't know what I'm saying.

2. -Amadeus Excello-

-Amadeus Excello- Notebook Evangelist

The video's commentator's criticism are spot on, and the ridiculous armaments (e.g., Akimbo 1887) are a large reason why I uninstalled that POS weeks ago.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. houstoned

houstoned Yoga Pants Connoisseur.

pretty lame chart/drawing thing u got there. but if u hate akimbo 1887's so much then u should just make a anti-1887 clas. that's the beauty of MW2. if u don't like to play against a certain class then just make a class that counters the one u hate. yes, i'm a brain surgeon.

the youtube guy's comments were not spot on. they were retarded and whiney. it sounded like my niece tryin to whine about not gettin a barbie for xmas. lemme ask u this, if u were in a gun fight with a person in real life. yur opponent see's u first, gets around the corner before u, and starts to aim down his sights before u. 9 times outta 10 u'r gonna be the one gettin shot or killed first. i don't see how crazy or weird that concept is. i don't get how they say it's a more fast paced game than MW1? there is WAY more campin in MW2. how does campin speed up the game?

like i said earlier, if u'r on PC then file a grievance. if u'r on console then quit whining.

4. $immond$

$immond$ Notebook Consultant

Agreed. I couldn't stand watching these vids, maybe "No Russian" hit a soft spot?

5. -Amadeus Excello-

For a "brain surgeon," your specious "counter-class" argument coupled with the ridiculous non sequitur questions, and blather regarding the flow-cart illustrates a lack of cognitive reasoning.

The chart, as you apparently could not comprehend for yourself, highlights the contrived plot, the distasteful "shock-value" set-pieces, and disappointing inanity of it all.

With regards to the Akimbo '87s, until recently, the A-87s retained their stopping power at unrealistic distance. This imbalance resulting in unfair match-ups against players using (and abusing) the weapons.

6. Element

Element Notebook Evangelist

I don't see how MW2 is more fast paced than MW1. There are less opponents, especially compared to a 24man deathmatch, or a 32man tem deathmatch in MW1.

7. KING19

KING19 Notebook Evangelist

I missed this post but i agree

But if the buyers dont like this game they have no way to return it get their money back because of steam even if they bought the retail copy :(

8. LisuPoland

LisuPoland Notebook Deity

9. houstoned

u just tried to sound smart without really sayin anything. i get it. all i'm sayin is...u can cry all u want. at the end of the day, nobody really gives a damn. life is about bein resilient. u can't cry about everything that u don't like in life. u gotta learn how to get passed it or get over it.

10. -Amadeus Excello-

kewl nex tyme ah'll tYp3 lik dis!!

& no wun herre iz cryin!!!!!!!!!!1

11. ronnieb

ronnieb Representing the Canucks

First of all, the guy who posted the videos is talking about the console versions. So let's stay relevant to the topic and only talk about the console versions, no PC talk.

Now houstoned, every post that you've had in this thread has been putting someone down or a bashing-post. Please be kind and leave this thread if you have nothing productive to say.

Now for my abilities in Call of Duty, whether MW or W@W, I'm pretty darn good. I've been invited to clans that play in the MLG and turned down the offer because I'm not gonna set aside time to have "team practices" twice a week. I play when I feel like it.

Now on to Modern Warfare 2...

I dislike it. Before I bought it, I was playing MW1 to see if I liked it again enough to purchase MW2. I remembered how much I loved it, and decided to wait in line at 5 in the morning to purchase a copy for $29.99CAD. Single player mechanics were amazing, I loved the new weapons, I loved holo sight, and the new ACOG scope, heartbeat sensor is pretty cool in single player, but multiplayer is another story... Single player ending left me in shock... Uhh that's it? I kill Shepherd, and we don't even keep chasing the other ? Terrible ending in my opinion...

Multiplayer... I have to agree with the author of the first few videos..
    1.) Camping is EVERYWHERE. I believe these maps were meant for camping, because there are so many secret areas you can access that not everyone knows about, and you can just sit there with a scoped assault rifle, or a sniper rifle and just pick off 5 people until you get an airstrike or whatever kill streak perk.

2.) Heartbeat monitor: overpowered. Have you used this in Search and Destroy? It's a permanent mini-UAV. 'Nuff said.

3.) Thermal scope: Uhh okay... do I need to really say anything about this? Couple it with a no recoil weapon and it's gameover. An m16a4 should take out anyone in 1 burst.

4.) Noob tubing is consistently abused every single game. I think the cooldown on it is way too short.

5.) SPAWNING is ing messed up this game. I will continuously spawn right next to enemies, who will then proceed to see me and just knife me because I spawn with my back to them. Or enemies will spawn RIGHT where I am. Worst part of the game easily.

6.) Lag... I'm aiming right at an enemy and he'll appear and reappear somewhere else to due lag. Startup lag is terrible, and so is when trying to snipe people with red dot sight or even iron sight for that matter.
    That's all I can think of right now

12. $immond$

$immond$ Notebook Consultant

[​IMG]
    Modern warfare 2 alternative: Rebels and Redcoats
    Everyone gets an equal opportunity to shoot each other.

Its funny watching these people wine over a game that is suppose to simulate "Real Combat". Its a game, its not perfect and was rushed out to be released for the holiday season. Yea unfortunately, insurgents are like campers and the such they hide in the dark and usually only ambush and shoot when they have the upper hand.

If you want realistic combat Id suggest enlisting, reality sure beats rendered graphics on a console or gaming computer. In most cases you can be dead in an instance in a firefight and there aren't any health packs or reset buttons.

I cant take these vids seriously, they are a complete waste of time. If these people solely bought the game for multiplayer perhaps they did waste their money but I still find single player quite enjoyable. Perhaps these people just need to put the controller down and get some fresh air, or a new hobby.

13. Partizan

Partizan Notebook Deity

14. Kocayine

Kocayine Formerly 'myDooM'

well it is a horrible game, no doubt about that.

15. ronnieb

ronnieb Representing the Canucks

Provide reasons please.

16. Kocayine

Kocayine Formerly 'myDooM'

Well things like said in the videos posted...

Either way, im too lazy to make a huge post with my opinion as it dont really matter.. If people enjoy the game, i'll let them.

17. LisuPoland

LisuPoland Notebook Deity

You got real poker-face avatar there REB! lol

18. Instant Karma

Instant Karma Notebook Consultant

You can't shoot through banana leaves....enough said

19. KernalPanic

KernalPanic White Knight

Frankly, MW2 is an "okay" game... but its not "great".

The original is indeed a superior game with mods.

Its a similar comparison from the original star wars movies and the new ones.
    The new ones have more flash, but less style and less content.
    /shrug

I blame it on a whole generation of less-picky gamers who think bigger explosions account for a better game.

20. houstoned

actually, everything i've said in this post is very productive. u might want to go and reread it carefully.

1) there are secret spots in maps, in every game. what's yur point? camping is a playing style. u choose to do it or u don't. i don't camp on any map. never have. never will. u are either a noob for lettin the same dude kill u from the same spot multiple times, or the camper is an idiot for tryin to use the same spot for that long. if it was up to me, both idiots would die.

2) uhhh...ninja perk? knock knock

3) thermal scope makes completely no difference. again...cold blood perk? hello?

4) noob tube is nube toob. *shrugs*

5) never had a problem with spawning with any of the game modes i play. u'r supposed to spawn in the vicinity of yur teammates. i always do.

6) lag is a personal issue, so i can't speak on that. if it helps, alot of guys are messin with their NAT settings and gettin better connection results.

like i said...MW2 lets u customize yur character alot deeper than MW1. that means that u can create classes to counter the weaknesses in yur play style. if u don't like bein sniped by thermal scopers or airstrikes then use cold blood perk. if u don't like ppl usin the heartbeat sensor on u or u like to be quiet when u move around then use ninja perk. c'mon man...brain surgery 101.

finally, someone with some sense. :)

i dunno...MW2 is exactly like MW1 to me. maybe i didn't play the PC version of MW1 or played in any special servers/mods. MW2 has the same physics and mechanics. the same everything except with better graphics and superior customization. that's just me tho...shrugs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.