1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

To anyone who wants to buy MW2 - watch this first

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by LisuPoland, Dec 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LisuPoland

LisuPoland Notebook Deity

Reputations:
  2. AmazingGracePlayer

AmazingGracePlayer Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    No it's not like MW1, this is MW2, it's not MW1 Expansion. All these people's advocacy is just pointless to say the nicest.

3. LisuPoland

Reputations:
    Personally I consider killing your own franchise on PC, by removing possisiblity of mods and community (no dedi servers) an idiocy - possibly just like 70-80% members of the real community.

And all the commotion with this game is temporal....just because IW spend 250 mln $ on propaganda, doesn't mean the game is good and acceptable.

4. houstoned

houstoned Yoga Pants Connoisseur.

Reputations:
    i watched about 2 mins of the first video and i had to x that D-bag out. that dude is just a butthurt cry baby that can't play MW2 for crap, so he has to make up excuses for the skills that he lacks. MW1 and MW2 are the same damn game. MW2 is just MUCH more refined/deep and customizable. that's about the only difference.

only guys buyin MW2 on the PC have the right to complain cuz of the dedicated server business. other than that...shut yur pie hole and play the damn game or don't buy it.

5. AmazingGracePlayer

Reputations:
    Killing your own franchise? Prove it with some numbers - you can't. I think that's the end of "killing your own franchise" argument.

This is what I was going to say, but mine message was going to have an extra paragraph describing how the kid is a crybaby and laughing at him.

6. Krony III

Krony III Vampire

Reputations:
    That guy had me crackin up, didnt he buy it?
    I bet he's playing it right now and the SP.
    M4 is a rail gun w/ red sights lol
    No reason to pull out the dragon got a M4 sniper edition on your back
    Ambushers? Didnt know they had those in games

7. masterchef341

masterchef341 The guy from The Notebook

Reputations:
    wow. he is pretty upset.

"be in the right place at the right time... there is no strategy"

its hard to take him seriously, given how angry he is.

8. LisuPoland

Reputations:
    [QUOTE:AmazingGracePlayer

If u think that resonable person will buy IW' next game, if multiplayer will be P2P matchmaking piece of , then ur wrong....

Releasing this game in such state by IW, should be considered a crime against nature.....because this is just ridiculous......IW....releasing.....crap like this....I mean, ok, you CAN say that SP is great, because it is, but also u know that SP is just an intro to the whole multi system. While the contents of the multi are great, lots of weapons, equipement, the whole enjoying-every-bit-of-multi thing is pleagued with lags and hosts migrations ( that in my case mean at least 50 % risk that the whole game kicks me back to the menu ) that render positive features of this games multi almost unreachable and unenjoyable....coz when I end playing this game I am tired.....not entertained...but tired and frustrated.

And I'm not like that ZamatoElite kid, because I can say myself that I am good at this game, not very good, but at least good for sure and nobody can call me a noob to the fps multi games. This game simply....DESERVED every bit of polishing it to the masterpiece, and IW simply just had to put a flaw on a diamond (and as we know diamonds are hard to flaw).

9. lokster

lokster Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    LOL, well thats his opinion, haha, Notice how almost all the shout outs to MW2 SUCKS are Americans :p

My Take, MW2 is awesome NOT worth 60$ though but awesome, multiplayer is fun when its working, we got lots of customizable options that we didnt have in CoD4, interchangeable name, colors, callsigns, emblems and prestige levels.

We have more guns, more variety, BETTER LOOKING GRAPHICS, more perks, MORE KILL STREAKS, do you know how awesome it is to streak 25kills when your vs 9? you have to AT LEAST KILL THE WHOLE TEAM TWICE.

its fast theres definitely strategy, too many people RUN and GUN, when they should stand and wait then move, leap frog style if you must, in CoD4 you can camp easily. The maps are INSANELY SMART, there is no place to camp LONG enough for the whole game, AND there is no place safe enough to hide permanently. someone someway will find you and will kill you.

10. masterchef341

masterchef341 The guy from The Notebook

Reputations:
    i think there is plenty that is good about the game. it obviously isn't perfect, but it certainly isn't a crime against nature. host-migration is a pain, but it doesn't happen that often, and it certainly isn't deal breaking for me as far as the game experience goes.

11. Tobuk

Tobuk Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    It's kinda sad that people take the time to create this stuff just to complain...

Funniest part, video #1 says "I'm done playing this "

Then he makes more videos to complain because he's still playing it.

His arguments are really very shallow. Someone gets a chopper gunner? Cool, shoot it down... even if only one person tries, it's only going to take one or two spawns to take it down with the stinger or javelin.

The aiming system was the same in MW1, so why complain about it in MW2. It's just the style of the game. I don't know why anyone complains about perfect aiming since counter strike has been so popular for years. Same principle between the two games really. First shot is always dead on to an infinite range.

And I've never had an issue with campers... there either aren't that many to worry about, or they are dumb enough to find easily.

12. usapatriot

usapatriot Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    I paid $60 for MW2 and I'm glad I did. It was well worth it to me.

13. houstoned

houstoned Yoga Pants Connoisseur.

Reputations:
    let me help u out.

almost every diamond comes with clarity flaws. MW2 is a big, high-grade diamond, that has a few flaws. it's still a high-grade diamond.

ppl will always complain about the bad's and not speak too much about the goods. take what u read from random idiots, on the internet, with a grain of salt.

14. Partizan

Partizan Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Wel its a given fact that americans hate games where dutch/flemmish people play, we own. Theres nothing else to do in this part of europe. Only a crazy japense pro can survive a bit longer, but you don't see those guys anymore...do they have different servers or something?

15. sean473

sean473 Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    This game is awesome... in a way IW did suicide by killing dedicated servers and mods but still u can't argue that the game is way better than MW1... the only irritating thing is that u can't choose on what server to play... dedicated servers will come but when more ppl buy MW2 and get frustrated with IW net...other than that , the game is great... worth ever penny of the 30 pounds i paid for it...

16. AmazingGracePlayer

Reputations:
    The only thing I don't like about it is that I can't play the same map over and over again. Sure, host migration, chopper gunners, campers, and other stuff are all annoying, but they don't annoy me enough to make me waste my life making a video about it and posting it on Youtube.

17. KING19

KING19 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    lol first of all he is complaining about the console version not the PC version if you look at the vids.

Enough with the MW2 here please take it to the IW forums

But the PC version does sucks because of IWNET and the cheaters

Btw already saved my cash up for BF:BC2

18. lokster

lokster Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Only in MW2 did i realize that having a skull print on your face mask makes you look cooler! ^^

19. Element

Element Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    What's so different in the health and aiming between MW1 and MW2? The only difference is on PC, and it's the lack of dedicated servers and mods.

Also, I don't get the majority of the problems that everyone complains about on IWnet besides the occasional host migration because the host left.

20. Zinimus Prime

Zinimus Prime Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I love lamp