Thoughts on NP7850/N850hp6

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by Tahimik, May 3, 2017.

1. Tahimik

Tahimik Newbie

Reputations:
    Just saw this model appear on lpc digital after months of looking at both p650hp6 and n850hk1. However there is no review for the aforementioned model online. Does anyone have information or thoughts about it?

2. Galm

Galm "Stand By, We're Analyzing The Situation!"

Reputations:
    Just launched, reviews aren't out yet. It'll basically be a hybrid between those two... So the better power of the P650 without its better build quality.

3. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Internal shot ;)

[​IMG]

deadsmiley likes this.
  4. pat@XOTICPC

pat@XOTICPC Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Might not necessarily be a bad thing though. If you want something with the same specs, and you don't plan on adding in multiple SSDs or going up to 64GB of ram, then you can cut the budget a bit there.

5. Galm

Galm "Stand By, We're Analyzing The Situation!"

Reputations:
    Yeah no for most people the specs are fine. But it's a pretty noticeable difference in chassis quality. The P650 is rock solid while the N850 is only alright.

6. Stooj

Stooj Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Interesting machine and solid reduction in price over the P650HP.

I guess we'll have to wait for some benches to see if the N850 chassis can handle the 1060. Given the 1050Ti and 1060 aren't all that far apart on TDP I suspect it might just get away with it.

7. Tahimik

Tahimik Newbie

Reputations:
    Is the difference in build quality between the N series and P series that large? Because I am considering the p650hp3 over the n850hk1 because gtx 1060 3gb > gtx 1050ti 4gb and the build quality. Though I do think that the p650hp6-g is overkill.

8. pdrogfer

pdrogfer Newbie

Reputations:
    Exactly my case. I want a 1060 to start vr development, but don't need all the storage options of the p650

9. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    As you can see in the picture, the heatsink now has 4 heat pipes, 2 dedicated to each the CPU and GPU so thermals are not an issue :)

10. pat@XOTICPC

pat@XOTICPC Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Right, I'll agree there are other differences in the systems that don't show up on the spec sheet. I was just thinking it is an alternative for someone who wants those specs, but maybe won't get to the same level as others in what they need in the system.

I'd agree. I've seen some other systems with similar specs that have a single heatpipe on the CPU and a single one on the GPU that are pretty thin. Cooling is one area I wouldn't want to come up short in.