Thoughts on next Envy refresh?

Discussion in 'HP' started by msigg, Oct 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ryandavid1a

ryandavid1a Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Me too :( why can't the dual core sandy bridge processors be released NOW so I can get myself a refreshed E14? :confused:

2. RifterAD

RifterAD Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    That's not necessarily true. They don't have a single/standard student discount rate, but many schools can get computers for their students at a nice discount. It all depends what was worked out between the school and the company (if any deal has been worked out at all). Just check with the department that sells your computer supplies to see if they have any Sony deals.

3. RayStar

RayStar Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Sony does have a student discount :) it has a seperate section for students and teachers you just need to have an .edu email thats all
    https://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wc...=16154&N=4294966502&Name=Laptops#/overviewTab
    Ive used it so many times, you can get a better deal instore or on the phone then online cuz they give you extra discounts if you're a student depending on who you are :)
    sorry for the off-topic add-on :)
    On-topic, Im waiting for an envy 14 refresh as well, as soon as I hear of a refresh, Im selling my Alienware and jumping on the E14 bandwagon :D just as long as it still has a Radiance screen and switchable graphics + if they offered the Radiance screen with a beat edition Ill just feel blessed :rolleyes:

4. notebook303

notebook303 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    what are the chances we will be seeing these things in a refresh or update version of the Envy 17? if not this time maybe by the spring? summer?

The Windows PC ClickPad finally improved Synaptics ClickPad IS Series 3

piano black finish Envy 17?

2 USB ports? or all usb 3.0 ports? According to what I have read they will becoming more mainstream.

I'm not even going to bring up Lightpeak that probably won't happen this year (even the copper version)

5. dlleno

dlleno Notebook Deity

Reputations:

Well, today HP announced that on February 9 they will have a "broad public set of announcements....broadly about the future of WebOS ..."

read into that what you want... it won't be long before someone will read this and then claim that the Envy 17 is coming February 9... you watch :D

HP Exec Indicates webOS Tablet Debuting Feb. 9 -- InformationWeek

6. dlleno

dlleno Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    based on the information we know, we can expect an Envy 17 much like the current Envy 17 but with

-Sandy Bridge processors, including DX10 compatible switchable on-board graphics

-improved cooling, both from CoolSense technology and from the above

- same display choices, but that means the 1080p infinity (edge to edge glass) with .72 color gamut and 300 nit brightness should be available.

and what we know is that on Jan 4, HP said "soon". whatever that means

7. mickeygarcia

mickeygarcia Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I am hoping for this :rolleyes:

8. Killa Joe

Killa Joe Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Very interesting!@ :eek: I would love Alienware myself one day for a gaming rig...so I've very interested to ask, why are you selling your Alienware? Are you done with gaming, or, or...what?:D :confused: Lol, I don't get it.

KJ :cool:

9. Orange Canary

Orange Canary Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I'm going to assume, he still wants to play games but wants a smaller form factor and something that is easily portable unlike the juggernaut the alienwares are. I mean, I was in JB-hifi yesterday the m15x is easily 1.6 - 2 inches thick its a bloody behemoth. Maybe you can snatch up a good deal Joe, you have easily been the most patient member on the board (for the short time I've been here). I think its just the headphones for sale Joe, just checked it out then unless he is selling his AW for 45 pounds haha.

It looks like they have found a new supplier of Radiance screens, I don't think the quality would be any different than the original radiance screens but HP has the specs to make it the same as the other. Hopefully this time the company won't go under because the screen is so massively popular. For your information it looks like that on some screens (not sure if this applies to all) the first 'glass' layer is glossy and the one underneath is matte which apparently the source of the speckling problem.

If you need to get the Envy cheaper, there is a coupon code around here let me find it I think its for 200$ its fairly new and should still work.
    I have the holy grail of the coupon, I hope this works otherwise I'll look like a jackass.

NB5321

ALSO PLEASE READ THIS:

IM WRONG IM A IDIOT. THE 6550 IS 8% FASTER, THIS IS NOT THE 6650.

Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2015
  10. kutthoat5150

kutthoat5150 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    do you mean 6550 because they just reviewed that card but not the 6650 yet

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.