thoughts about buying on Amazon

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by kenny1999, Aug 11, 2019.

1. kenny1999

kenny1999 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I've been purchasing on Amazon US for years and in most cases I only buy something shipped from and sold by Amazon.com

I don't normally return unless it's an obviously problematic product, However, we can't control if
    some people often like to return. Does anyone know if Amazon will check up the returned products in details or just ship it out to another customer quickly ? I want to purchase some dental
    brush heads which are very something very personal but they are still returnable. In that case, I have some hesitation. What do you think??

hmscott likes this.
  2. evenflow153

evenflow153 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I don't like amazon. mostly them sending me vape supplies instead of a keyboard and mouse

hmscott likes this.
  3. 2.0

2.0 Former NBR Macro-Mod®

Reputations:
    The packaging of such items is done in such a way as to be un-resealable from the manufacturer. It would be extremely unlikely that someone would go through the extraordinary trouble of carefully opening the package and then carefully resealing it - perfectly. Take Oral-B Brush heads for example. The packaging back is deliberately flimsy with the edges safety sealed. While it's not impossible for a skilled individual to reseal it, they would have had that idea in mind before even opening it considering the obstacles they have to overcome.

Fishon and Nick like this.
  4. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    There are supposed to be designations as to New or Used, so don't buy Used, or Used like New, only buy New.

Usually the sorted options for purchase have a list of progressively higher cost suppliers. Usually the first few are the best with Amazon Fulfillment or Direct from Amazon.

To get to that list, you don't simply click the "Buy Now" button, find the link(s) to the list like "Available from these Sellers" in the information column, or under the "Buy Now" button column look for the "Other Sellers on Amazon N new from $xx.xx", sometimes well down the page from the "Buy Now" button.

If it looks like it's been opened or the seal is even partially broken - I'd return it - sometimes "warehouse handling" will pop the seal and it's no longer "sanitary" and for stuff for your oral health you don't want to mess around.

Here's an example, no Used options only New, which is pretty much what I would expect for such a product. I doubt even the return items are sold on as returns boxes, instead they are either destroyed or returned to the manufacturer:
    https://www.amazon.com/Philips-Sonicare-replacement-toothbrush-HX7022/dp/B0085RZLQ8
    Amazon #1.JPG
    amazon #2.JPG

Last edited: Aug 14, 2019
    kenny1999 and evenflow153 like this.
  5. kenny1999

Reputations:
    I always thought that most items are manufactured to be un-resealable , but I was wrong. On the contrary, there are some many items that can be resealed totally and it's difficult to detect if you don't open the box and look inside. For example, paper box, a lot of video tutorial out there show you how to open it and reseal it perfectly without damage ...this is what I feel so bad.

I once asked Amazon, they said they won't resend any returned product no matter what, but who knows? I think they were just comforting me. If someone returns an authentic Rolex, and they don't resend it again? Who will believe that?

6. hmscott

Reputations:
    Seriously, you don't need to spread FUD about Amazon selling Used sold as New oral hygiene products.

Amazon could do a lot of things, but don't do them. That's the difference between fantasy and reality.

Amazon isn't going to re-package used oral hygiene products and sell them as new. Nor is Amazon going to turn around "unopened" oral hygiene product returns and sell them as new. There isn't enough upside in it for Amazon to do this dastardly deed.

If you are worried about Amazon (or their suppliers) sneaking used oral hygiene products to sell as new, why stop at worrying about Amazon? The same suppliers could supply the retail counter too.

If you don't like the product when you get it home (carried or delivered) and open it, take / send it back and get a replacement.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2019
    Fishon likes this.
  7. kenny1999

Reputations:
    I am talking about the facts I found and the possible concerns that should be raised up and you said I were spreading FUD ? Just ridiculous !

Yes, I know that other suppliers would certainly resend used items, that's why I don't purchase from other suppliers but chose the one that can be trusted better. I am never
    worried that Amazon will resend obviously opened and resealed package to another
    customers. But as I said there are many other items if packaged or sealed with paper box it can be opened and resealed perfectly without damage, in which there are a lot of videos show that on youtube. You are just repeatedly saying that oral or personal items that you want to confuse people that I am talking about certain kind of products or package.

Or are you doing this rat theft things, getting the item and returning box with rip-off every day and you are so worried that Amazon will find out what you are doing and ban you permanently or report to the officer?

Ridiculous.

8. hmscott

Reputations:
    "I want to purchase some dental brush heads which are very something very personal but they are still returnable. In that case, I have some hesitation. What do you think??"

As I've said, no I don't think Amazon is going to purposely sell you previously returned unopened or opened personal hygiene products.

You mention people returning items used but resealed so Amazon can't tell if it's been used. That's why there are classifications of products that can't be resold even if returned unopened. "...dental brush heads" would qualify as such a product.

You've already posted you've asked Amazon and they said no they wouldn't:

"I once asked Amazon, they said they won't resend any returned product no matter what, but who knows?"

If it's happened to you then report the offending company / supplier to Amazon Customer Service, the FTC, and other local authorities and take action.

As far as I can tell you are only stating your imaginings and 2nd hand reports from sources you don't personally know, and not from personal 1st hand experience, is that correct? If so your "facts" are hearsay and rumor.

That's where you step into the realm of spreading FUD and unfounded rumors.

I'm trying to help you to not suffer from paranoid delusions fed by FUD on the internet by explaining how things actually work in the real world, not to cover up for Amazon.

Are you really from Russia?
    kenny1999.JPG

Over here in the US we are told the Russians are spreading FUD to inflict damage on the US economy. Is that what you are doing? Or are you simply suffering as a victim of FUD yourself?

You said you personally buy products from Amazon. Have you personally been sold personal hygiene products that were used and resealed? What did you do about it?

Again, please stop spreading FUD about Amazon.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2019 at 12:50 AM
    Fishon likes this.
  9. kenny1999

Reputations:

Really do not want to waste my time reading your lengthy reply.

But if I do not reply and you'll feel you win, that's not something that very makes sense.

If I was not making sense, who would be thinking I was spreading FUD?

On the contrary, I am now telling the truth, then you are trying to fight in the first place

and trying to conclude at the end that I am spreading FUD.

It just shows that I am telling the truth, and that you are timidness.

evenflow153 and hmscott like this.
  10. hmscott

Reputations:
    You can be telling the truth from your imaginary perspective, be wrong in reality by spreading that imaginary truth as FUD, and not know how much damage it is doing. Which is what I believed from the beginning was the truth.

That is why I am trying to get you to think rationally vs. being afraid of your imaginings, and to realize that spreading that unwarranted FUD to others is doing a disservice to everyone.

There's no doubt that Amazon is doing a good job in customer service - an amazing job considering the incredible volume of products they move every second of every day.

Amazon doesn't resell returns to customers. That's Amazon's policy, that's what they tell us all, and that's *never* been proven to not be their intention.

Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt. Those are what you have, and it is all baseless. You have no facts. You have no evidence. You have nothing except your own paranoia to share, and spread your FUD among those that are vulnerable to such musings.

Baseless fearful thoughts are an infection looking to spread.

That's why I asked you to please stop spreading the FUD. Not only for the good of others, but for your own good.

FUD makes logical sense - that's why it works to spread Fear - Uncertainty and Doubt. FUD can tick all the boxes of believability even when it is completely baseless.

The FUD you are spreading is why Amazon doesn't sell returned items. Amazon can't be sure of tampering that would affect their customers, so they don't resell returns to their customers.

Amazon's business depends on keeping that promise - to maintain the buyers state of confidence in their products; so Amazon will keep that promise. So there is nothing to worry about.

Spreading FUD to undermine Amazon buyers confidence is what you are doing - whether you realize it or not. While sharing that Amazon promises not to do it you strongly push the idea that Amazon will break their promise if there is enough money involved:

"I once asked Amazon, they said they won't resend any returned product no matter what, but who knows?

I think they were just comforting me. If someone returns an authentic Rolex, and they don't resend it again? Who will believe that?
    "

What is your purpose in pushing that idea? What is your agenda in continuing to spread FUD about Amazon?

In 1982 there was at least one person opening bottles of Tylenol and putting in poison in the hopes of killing people. At least one person caused the deaths of many and instilled fear in the minds of millions:

How the Tylenol murders of 1982 changed the way we consume medication
    Health Sep 29, 2014 11:39 AM EDT
    https://www.pbs.org/newshour/health/tylenol-murders-1982

Was their main idea to spread FUD? - to instill a lack of confidence in the minds of millions every time they buy medications over the counter at their local store?

That act of FUD cost lives - and millions of dollars in recalled products - probably $100's of millions overall as the industry had to move to tamper proof / tamper evident bottles and packaging, and to enact strict returns policies for many products.

Medication producers and many other product producers had to act to restore confidence in the marketplace so all people can be confident in their purchases - without fear, uncertainty, or doubt.

This is why FUD works, please stop spreading FUD.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2019 at 10:12 AM