This is why I don't like valeting my car...

Discussion in 'Motorized Vehicles' started by JM, Jul 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JM

JM Mr. Misanthrope NBR Reviewer

Reputations:
    So I'm traveling on business and my bank has me at a Hilton hotel for the trip.

This is one of the few Hilton properties I've ever seen that has 100% valet parking, so you're forced to valet your car - no exceptions.

So, I drop the car off last night, retire for the evening, and then in the morning grab breakfast before heading to my corporate meeting.

What's waiting for me? A nice big dent/scratch on the front passenger door, and it wasn't there the night before. The General Manager fully apologized and took responsibility for the damage, and they'll be taking care of it (luckily, the hotel does its own valet, so it's not a third party to deal with).

But really? Your job is to valet cars for a living and you can't be careful with them? I'm not that upset since Hilton will be paying for the repair - but it's a headache and extra BS to deal with that shouldn't happen in the first place.

One of the many reasons I avoid valet at all costs, whenever possible. -_-

2. Datamonger

Datamonger Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Only a problem that someone who has a nice cushy job where he sits on his butt all day would have. Keep on having fun looking down on the people who actually work for a living. I hope someone steals your car.

3. Kaelang

Kaelang Requires more Witcher.

Reputations:
    I sometimes go to a nice restaurant downtown and parking is nearly impossible, so I have to valet. Every time I do, they get sand all over my mat.

Quite frankly, your scratch is nothing in comparison.

Kidding aside, I would be livid.

4. Kaelang

Kaelang Requires more Witcher.

Reputations:
    1) You're only feeding him.
    2) Not an extremely fair assessment. Wouldn't you be upset if someone damaged your car? I don't care if a homeless person rubbed their stolen shopping cart against my car or if a businessman straddled the side of my car with a metal briefcase, I'd be equally pissed and demand it to be fixed.

5. LIVEFRMNYC

LIVEFRMNYC Blah Blah Blah!!!

Reputations:
    I've never trusted valet again since I saw Ferris Buller.

6. Qing Dao

Qing Dao LORD OF THE UNDERWORLD

Reputations:
    Do you guys realize what "vice president" means in the banking world? It is a meaningless title bestowed on everyone who has to take crap from their boss, just to make them feel important. It's pretty low on the totem pole. If you are NOT at least a vice president, you are probably an intern, highschool dropout, part-time employee, or janitor.

JM isn't lying about his job title, and he probably has it in his sig just to troll people who don't know any better.

7. saturnotaku

saturnotaku Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Ironic statement coming from someone who owns a MacBook.

In any case, as someone who works for a living, I look down on you for being a jackass.

8. ViciousXUSMC

ViciousXUSMC Master Viking NBR Reviewer

Reputations:
    I do not like valet parking, afraid they will find a dead hooker in the trunk.

lol, jk

But seriously I don't like valet and its not because I have a nice car, I just don't like other people driving my car (esp cause its manual) I have personal belongings in there that can get stolen, and they may move my seats/mirrors or something that I am so ocd about and will never feel I got them back into the right place.

9. LIVEFRMNYC

LIVEFRMNYC Blah Blah Blah!!!

Reputations:
    Sure is a nice title to have on a business card when giving your number to a girl. :D

10. Datamonger

Datamonger Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    The Mac was a Christmas present from my mom. I do work for a living. I get to make food for jackasses like yourself. I get to get looked down on for the job that I have because I make food for a living.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.