1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

Thinkpad X300 and speedfan

Discussion in 'Lenovo' started by Tommy the cat, Aug 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tommy the cat

Tommy the cat Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Hello all,

Next to TPfancontrol I want to test Speedfan. However in order to get any information or regulation possibilities from this program, it needs some system information.

Therefor, as far as I know, you have to go to the tab INFO > click GET CONFIG > click on the website to get the Ticket code. At this website you will need to find your motherboard. So, first I need to know what motherboard I have:

This is what CPU-Z says about the motherboard (tab MAINBOARD section MOTHERBOARD):
    Manufacturer: LENOVO
    Model: 647814G
    Chipset: INTEL GM965
    Southbridge: INTEL 82801HBM (ICH8-M)

I'm not sure what to look for, but neither 'Lenovo 647814G' nor 'INTEL GM965' is listed. So I've sent an e-mail to addthisplease [at] almico . com and asked to add the motherboard, but I didn't get any reaction (yet..).

But surely there should be somebody who already succesfully used Speedfan. So I wondered if anybody can give me the correct Ticket number, or tell me how to get this program working.

Thanks in advance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.