Thinkpad X250

Discussion in 'Lenovo' started by Bluesfella, Aug 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Incontro

Incontro Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I am actually surprised you get that much. First gen i5 is quite inefficient, and you have high voltage RAM. Also if you're on your original battery, then it must have deteriorated somewhat, further decreasing runtime. So 4 hours ain't too bad. I get 5 hours on my X240.

2. Faruk

Faruk Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Actually you're right, it's because I bought a replacement 6-cell battery about a year ago - my original one deteriorated to the extent where it could barely hold for 20-30 minutes.

3. kevroc

kevroc Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I ordered one of these on Monday and it shipped today. Not sure I've ever had anything ship that fast from Lenovo before! They're having a great sale on them and couldn't pass it up.

4. qazzak

qazzak Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello,

Does this also have the m2 ssd slot like the x240?

Thanks

5. ZaZ

ZaZ Super Model Super Moderator

Reputations:
    Yes, it does.

6. th_mi

th_mi Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Does the a X250 with a SSD build in by Lenovo a 3rd M.2 slot?

7. jayku

jayku Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Just received one of these today. Overall very nice. I got the i3 model with the FHD touchscreen. I really like the screen... great viewing angles, gets very bright. Contrast is even good at low brightness. The keyboard is pretty good - a little mushy compared with my T530, but still pretty decent. I'm so happy they brought back the buttons on the touchpad.

My only complaint so far is with the 6-cell external battery. It sticks out the bottom quite a bit and makes the machine uncomfortable to use on the lap. For sure battery life looks to be amazing... with 84% remaining it's telling me I have 13 HOURS left, but, realistically, I'd trade a little battery life to get rid of the protruding battery.

A couple of more things. This is a brand new machines, and the Win7 image loaded on it still required nearly 500MB of Windows Update downloads to bring things up to date. Once that was done, for some reason the machine had this weird delay.... nearly a minute... prior to bringing up the login prompt at start-up and when coming out of standby (the Windows background was there... it just took a crazy long time to bring up the login prompt). Then I ran the Lenovo update which downloaded and applied another 300MB stuff (drivers, BIOS)... and it was all fixed. Software-wise, the machine is running great now.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2015
  8. kevroc

kevroc Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    You could get the 3 Cell vs 6 Cell battery. Do you also have the 3 cell Internal battery (I wonder how much life you can get from just that front battery).

9. Jayayess1190

Jayayess1190 Waiting on Intel Cannonlake

Reputations:
    So I just bought one thanks to an amazing Slickdeals deal. For $878 with these changes from stock:

• i5-5200U
    • 500GB HDD (to be replaced with a Samsung 850 Pro)
    • 4GB ram (to be replaced with 8GB)
    • FHD Touchscreen
    • 3 Cell+6 cell

This is around the same price that I bought my X220 4 years ago. This is also just supposed to hold me over until Skylake, but we shall see.

10. jayku

jayku Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    That is a great deal. Better than I got recently through our corporate discount. Plus you can now configure FHD with no touchscreen.

These really are nice machines. I've been playing with one for a couple of days and I really like it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.