Thinkpad X250

Discussion in 'Lenovo' started by Bluesfella, Aug 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kgorczewski

kgorczewski Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
  2. fb1996

fb1996 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
  3. Pommie

Pommie Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Hey guys, I'm seriously considering picking up a refurb X240/X250 to replace my Sony Vaio Duo for portable stuff. My only issue being screen resolution. Most machines I can find come with the HD screen, and not the FHD 1080p option.

How does everyone with only the HD IPS option find it? I'm not sure I could cope with the downgrade in resolution after coming from the lovely screen on the duo, but then again I might be able to make it work if the difference isn't that notable.

I'll be using it mostly on trains and planes for typing, web browsing, watching movies and playing some steam games.

4. th_mi

th_mi Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Does anyone have the x250 1920x1080 Ips touch display? Is this display glossy or matte? On the Lenovo site there are no information if the display is more matte or glossy like a mirror...

5. Jayayess1190

Jayayess1190 Waiting on Intel Cannonlake

Reputations:
    I do and it is glossy.

6. ZaZ

ZaZ Super Model Super Moderator

Reputations:
    All touch screens are reflective, like a glossy screen, due to the glass used in the touch surface.

7. Raidriar

Raidriar ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

Reputations:
    That's not true. The X60 tablet up to the X230 tablet have had multi-touch gesture screens that were matte.

Unless we are talking about just the X250 here, in which case they would all be glossy indeed.

Last edited: May 25, 2015
  8. ZaZ

ZaZ Super Model Super Moderator

Reputations:
    I'm not speaking of the screen itself. It can be matte or glossy underneath, makes no difference because it's the glass in the touch surface that causes the reflectivity. I had a X200t with a matte Hydis LCD, but it was very reflective.

9. th_mi

Reputations:
    First thanks to all replies.

The reason for the question is that I'm currently unsure if I take the non touch or touch version of the FHD display. If the display is very glossy I may think about taking the touch display.
    Unfortunately I did not found any pictures that show the differences of the display surface at all. I do not want a "mirror" display like the Notebooks hat ~5-6 years ago.

10. th_mi

Reputations:
    @Jayayess1190
    Is is possible to take a picture to see how glossy the screen is? I did not found any pictures showing the touch screen to find out if it is too glossy for me...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.