ThinkPad X220 (i/T) Owners Thread

Discussion in 'Lenovo' started by Jayayess1190, Apr 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. meomeo986

meomeo986 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Im about to pull the triger on it, and this is how its gonna look like:
    Intel Core i5-2520M Processor (3M Cache, 2.50GHz)
    Genuine Windows 7 Professional (64 bit)
    12.5" Premium HD (1366x768) LED Backlit Display, IPS, 2x2 Antenna
    4 GB PC3-10600 DDR3 SDRAM 1333MHz SODIMM Memory (1 DIMM)
    320GB Hard Disk Drive, 7200rpm
    9 Cell Li-Ion Battery
    Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6205 AGN
    with Bluetooth 3.0 and fingerprint reader

For the price of $1163 shipped. Its that ok? I mean can i get a better deal anywhere else? By the way, one of the reasons I buy it from the official site is to get the newest IPS panel without ghosting, bleeding...etc problem.

Thank you guys so much for every replies :)

2. mushypizza

mushypizza Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    B&N Gold => "USXWEBSPECIAL" coupon => $919

3. meomeo986

meomeo986 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Im sorry, but could you please be alittle bit more specific?

Thanks!

4. mushypizza

mushypizza Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Barnes and Noble Gold

Register an account for barnes and noble gold. Then you are able to use that coupon. "USXWEBSPECIAL" or "USXEDGEX0426" is the featured coupon. Only available for students/B&N

5. cgg123321

cgg123321 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I paid $799 for mine shipped (Canada) with the same specs minus the 4gb ram, 9 cell, and BT about half a year ago. I would get the 2gb, then pick up an 8gb Gskill set for $45 or so from newegg.

I got it down that low because I stacked a bunch of coupons from their employee pricing plan thingy. Not sure if that thread is still kicking around (redflagdeals) but I would look out for some coupons.

6. ddochi11

ddochi11 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I just updated the graphics over the weekend and a big difference. It feels like my laptop is able to handle more graphic-intensive work.

This is not the best way to test performance, but when I play NBA 2K12, everything is alot smoother. It almost feels like the game is on fast forward.

But, I also updated everything else ThinkVantage suggested, including BIOS, which I hesitated abit for second, because of the previous MB breaking. No problems so far and the laptop even feels faster.

7. meomeo986

meomeo986 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Woot!!! Thank you so much dear sir, I greatly appreciate that. You just saved me $200+, and Im gonna be a Thinkpad user next few weeks :)

Wow, that is unbeatable price mate! As mushypizza suggested, i got mine for the price of 950$ shipped, which is still really good for me. Actually for that deal, minimum RAM option is 4 GB PC3-10600 DDR3 SDRAM 1333MHz SODIMM Memory (1 DIMM), so Im planning to add another 4GB later. Do you think another 1333MHz 4GB like Gskill or corsair can compatible with it?

8. sciencefair

sciencefair Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Is it normal for the performance to be significantly lower on the i5-2520m when there is no battery plugged in (using the 65W adapter), or is this a configurable setting? Using the Resident Evil 5 benchmark as an example, the fixed benchmark has an average of 45fps with the battery in the laptop and 10-20fps when the battery is removed. I thought throttling only existed on the i7 models.

If this is the way the laptop is designed, is it safe to assume that when using a program that stresses the CPU and GPU, the battery will discharge since the 65W adapter does not provide enough power for the laptop to run the program?

9. 600X

600X Endless bus ride

Reputations:
    This is fixed with a BIOS Update. I use a 90W AC Adapter to be on the safe side anyway.

10. sciencefair

sciencefair Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I thought the i7 throttling issue with a 65W adapter at all times is what was fixed, not this problem with the i5. I might just get a 90W adapter, is it safe to get an older one from eBay or should I get a new one from lenovo?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.