ThinkPad X220 (i/T) Owners Thread

Discussion in 'Lenovo' started by Jayayess1190, Apr 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vinuneuro

vinuneuro Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Got the revised IPS screen installed today after having 4 or 5 brightspots on the original one since Jan. As some have noted, it's definitely pretty warm out of the box, more so than the first one. Also seems to be some excessive green. This one is harder to calibrate with just the Win 7 tool.

Other significant change is that this screen is properly matte where the original had a slight sheen to it, especially noticeable looking at it from wide angles. I do prefer this since the old one was slightly reflective if light hit it a certain way.

Backlight bleed only in one spot. Non-existant ghosting as promised which was the driving force of the revision.

2. smurfboard

smurfboard Newbie

Reputations:
  3. cgg123321

cgg123321 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
  4. vinuneuro

Reputations:
  5. JohnsonDelBrat

JohnsonDelBrat Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I tried the Dolby audio drivers with my machine and the difference is huge. Definitely worth it for anyone seeking more from their built in speakers (and external of course). Audio seems much clearer and the increase in volume is very noticeable. Turned my speakers down by more than half of what I usually use. Used the profile that was in this thread, but now it seems the post was deleted. I can always re-upload it, if others desire.

6. 600X

600X Endless bus ride

Reputations:
  7. JohnsonDelBrat

JohnsonDelBrat Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Ahh yes there it is. I saw the new thread but earlier when I looked I couldn't find it for some reason. Oh well, all good now. Thanks for the tip by the way, I wish I would've known about this driver a good while ago.

8. vinuneuro

Reputations:
    Do lcd's have run in time, because the red and green push diminished significantly after using it the first day.

9. sciencefair

sciencefair Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Where are the air intake(s) on the X220? The vents on the top right corner feel to me like they simply push out hot air. Just curious as I'm thinking of picking up Diablo 3 to play with this and a cooler seems necessary since the laptop gets warm to hot while playing the beta.

10. 600X

600X Endless bus ride

Reputations:
    Just because it gets warm doesn't mean you have to cool it down. You could stress this Machine out 24/7 without any cooling Pad.

The intakes are on the bottom by the way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.