ThinkPad X220 (i/T) Owners Thread

Discussion in 'Lenovo' started by Jayayess1190, Apr 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stevod

stevod Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    ^ah ok. Sorry if I got anyone excited there!

S

2. RugbyPlayer

RugbyPlayer Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    This seems to be an old thread but at some point it touched on the topic im wanting to know, what is the difference between the standard display and the outdoor one? The outdoor and the standard model seem to be identical aside from the display type where one lists

1) 12.5" Multitouch HD (1366x768) LED Backlit Display, Mobile Broadband Ready, 2x2 Antenna

2)12.5" HD Outdoor WW 2x2

3. vinuneuro

vinuneuro Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Outdoor doesn't have touch input, only pen, and has gorilla glass. Multitouch accepts touch input in addition to pen.

4. Schmitty

Schmitty Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Got my X220 yesterday. It's damn nice! Little bit of backlight bleed (2 small blotches on bottom left), but no big deal i suppose.

The touchpad was pretty awesome as first...but after some settings adjustment it isn't so bad. I really need to get used to not holding my finger on the click 'button' while using the trackpad. I also got the Lenovo BT laser mouse, so I can use that often.

Any tips on optimizing software? My startup time is about 30 seconds, which seems to be a little long for my setup and 160GB Intel 320 SSD.

5. ZaZ

ZaZ Super Model Super Moderator

Reputations:
    Turning off TPM in the BIOS if you're not using it will shave about five seconds or so off the boot time. Mine boots in a little under 20 seconds. A clean install with only what you want on there will help too if you're willing to take the time. Congrats, it's a fantastic little machine, which I'm sure will serve you well.

6. K2LINOS

K2LINOS Newbie

Reputations:
    Tomorrow I will have my x220!!I want someone to tell me what RAM (4gb) must to buy so as to be the same with the memory that already have???

7. will9895

will9895 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I've been reading the eGPU thread for a while and while I've not got the money to build one at the moment I've been wondering about the available PCIe ports on the x220, or the X220T which I have. I'm aware of the expresscard and mini PCIe slots, but I'm wondering if the docking port has a PCIe passthrough? While the docking station doesn't, the lenovo advanced docking station for certain older laptops does have a PCIe card.

Does anyone know if this functionality has only been left out of the dock and there is still an accessible PCIe connection at the base of the laptop though the docking port?
    Alternatively, does anyone know how the SD card reader is physically connected? I've found that electrically it's PCIe, but is this useable?

8. 600X

600X Endless bus ride

Reputations:
    My startup Time with a 320GB HDD is 40 seconds. Yours should actually be around 10-20s. Try opening "msconfig" and disabling the programs you don't need. It helped me.

9. MuF

MuF Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I would suggest an alternative to msconfig: Try CCleaner - it has an option to disable startup items. Or Autoruns, if you know what are you doing.

10. 600X

600X Endless bus ride

Reputations:
    I've got a small question: How many of you can't stand the Speakers on the X220?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.