ThinkPad X1 Carbon - Loose Clickpad?

Discussion in 'Lenovo' started by Marcham93, Sep 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paul-home

paul-home Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    You are absolutely correct. Took mine apart. Bending the little metal bar slightly fixes the problem for now, but what a shockingly bad design. Also amazed at how delicate the whole thing is. Just a circuit board inbetween 2 pieces of plastic, nothing more.

2. Bartjoo

Bartjoo Newbie

Reputations:
    I took mine apart two weeks ago. It's fairly easy, just 6 screws. Also bent the metal bar like paul-home to make it fit right. It has been flawless since. But Lenovo quality control really needs to step up. Can you imagine having to do this with a MacBook Air? Unbelievable.

Another problem I have is the keyboard not fitting exactly right. Some keys are scraping the bezel. There's no way to adjust this. I had to sand down the space bar to keep it from catching on the bezel! The keyboard itself is quite good, but this is such a downer.

I waited for a long time for Lenovo to make a worthy MBA competitor. If anybody could, it would be them. After 20 years of being a loyal Thinkpad fan it pains me to say this but I think Apple has won.

3. mcdull

mcdull Newbie

Reputations:
    Guess I'm joining this group with my X1 Carbon Touch, manufactured March 2013.
    Seems they haven't fixed the problem in production?
    Is it still a common issue since this thread stopped at Oct ,2012?

Slightly tapping on the clickpad with hearing load tap sound and the pad bounces up and down. My X220T definitely doesn't do it.
    In fact, I think the whole bottom edge the laptop isn't tightly screwed enough which is causing the problem.
    I'm hesitating if I should fix it myself or send it back to retailer or Lenovo's warranty?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.