ThinkPad X1 Carbon (6th Gen) Owners Lounge

Discussion in 'Lenovo' started by Anthony Accioly, Feb 23, 2018.

1. jefflackey

jefflackey Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I do not see Facial Recognition as an option for signing in on my 6th gen Thinkpad X1 Carbon. I have PIN, fingerprint, and Picture options, but there's no Facial recognition option. Any idea why and how to fix this?

2. Aroc

Aroc Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    @Mobius 1. I am not sure if you are still around. But if you have access Thinkpad EPP coupon codes, I would like to ask for one. I need some food coupons over here, lol. TIA.

3. netnative

netnative Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Has anyone successfully upgraded Windows 10 to version 1903? I have been clicking on "Check for updates" in the Settings app, but the version 1903 update is not available.

4. netnative

Reputations:
    What is it with the Intel Management Engine 11.7 Software Version 1914.12.0.1255 (Released 5/30/2019)? I have installed it by means of both Lenovo Vantage and Lenovo System Update and it continues to be offered as an "Available Recommended Update" as if it had not been previously installed.

5. Latitude7

Latitude7 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Is the X1c totally quiet like the XPS 13 for exemple when we browsing the internet for hours at the library?

Last edited: Jun 12, 2019 at 2:33 PM
  6. Sunfox

Sunfox Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Same here, so you're not alone. System's fully up-to-date otherwise, including Lenovo's stuff. There must be a Microsoft block with 1903 on something that's incompatible in our systems - and if not an X1C6-specific block, then there's still some blocks on Intel video drivers (brightness issues), Dolby Atmos (license issues), and custom display settings (ie. possibly Lenovo's Eye Care which a lot of people have reported is broken) that may be triggering it.

I do wish Microsoft would let us check somewhere what block is being enforced.

7. netnative

Reputations:
    I appreciate your reply. Speaking of keeping our X1s up-to-date, I installed the Intel Management Engine 11.7 Software Version 1914.12.0.1255 update by means of both Lenovo Vantage and Lenovo System Update. However, it continues to be offered as an "Available Recommended Update" as if it had not been previously installed. Have you encountered this problem?

8. jeremyshaw

jeremyshaw Big time Idiot

Reputations:
    MSFT pushed 1903 to mine sometime last week. It's now rejecting my TB3 drivers and the USB-C charging port is now acting flaky again. Not as bad as it used to be, but still annoying.

9. Sunfox

Sunfox Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Yes, it's doing the same thing to me. And, oddly enough, installation history shows an Intel Management Engine 11.8 firmware update as having occurred earlier? So no idea why it's trying to install 11.7 software.

netnative likes this.
  10. Latitude7

Latitude7 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Do you like the carbon surface of your X1C? You wouldn’t have preferred a metal surface? Or for you the carbon surface is better? Everyday the fingerprints aren’t a problem on your X1C (in comparison with other laptops that you had)?