ThinkPad X1 Carbon (6th Gen) Owners Lounge

Discussion in 'Lenovo' started by Anthony Accioly, Feb 23, 2018.

1. Biao

Biao Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Thanks mate. Good to know that.

2. gasongasoff

gasongasoff Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I returned my X1C for a full refund from Lenovo due to the mushy keyboard. Did we ever figure out which FRU's were the nice, responsive keyboards we've come to expect? Or is it just just luck of the draw?

3. aliv

aliv Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hello, noticed that Lenovo pulled back the August update for Power Management Driver.
    There was version 1.67.14.05 released on 21 Aug 2018 (the file name is n20ku12w_x64.exe).
    The downloads section currently has version 1.67.14.04 from 23 May 2018 (the file name is n20ku10w_x64.exe).

If someone installed version 14.05 from August 21st, could you please let us know have you noticed any issues so far?
    Need to decide which one to use with a fresh install of Windows.
    Thanks.

4. huntnyc

huntnyc Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    On my T450s I installed the driver and it would no automatically start its service at startup causing loss of my onscreen display for hot keys. Went back to old driver and all is well.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

aliv and Anthony Accioly like this.
  5. aliv

aliv Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Oh, thanks. So I will use the old one.

Anthony Accioly and huntnyc like this.
  6. aliv

aliv Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Could please someone confirm is ChromaTune only works with WQHD and HDR WQHD displays and not with FHD? Thank you.

BTW, bought 2 laptops with the same config (20KHCTO1WW Type 20KH). And one of them is already having a bright white spot on the display (about 2mm in diameter). That is only a few weeks after they arrived. I actually not used them at all, just unpacked and turned on. And only started to install everything today. So this is not a pressure issue - seems like the quality of LCD.

7. CaitmyJenners

CaitmyJenners Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    does this come with a 14inch/nvidea (150/1050ti) config? !

8. Mobius 1

Mobius 1 Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    for fhd I think only display temperature adjustment

if they're still in return period why not just push for a refund? or get lenovo to honor a one time onsite service to replace the faulty displays with the threat of a refund (given if the machines don't have onsite warranty service).

9. aliv

aliv Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hm.. it is actually not staring under Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB. Double click does nothing, it just exits without showing anything.

I'm not in the US. Bought them with help of my friend.

I also have another question. I left laptop in sleep (lid close or FN+4) on battery to see what will happen. So the battery drain was from 72% down to 32% during one night. I googled and seems that X1 Carbon 6 gen still doesn't have S3 sleep with little to no battery drain. Is it true? No solution? I hoped to say bye-bye to windows hibernation with X1.

10. Mobius 1

Mobius 1 Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    upgrade your warranty with onsite + international service, this will enable you to claim warranty with the respective country's lenovo business partner (or service center)

be sure to over-dramatize the screen problem, additional horrific details will help a lot when you are trying to get a complete screen replacment

always be adamant and only want to talk to the highest ranked manager on duty

do you have the smart sleep driver installed and the option enabled in Lenovo vantage (under power settings)?

I used LTSB 1607 with chromatune and it starts up properly, but that was earlier this year. Maybe the new version of Chromatune needs newer version of windows?

I have the 1803/1804 version of LTSB, I give you the ISO download link if you PM me

aliv likes this.