ThinkPad X1 Carbon (6th Gen) Owners Lounge

Discussion in 'Lenovo' started by Anthony Accioly, Feb 23, 2018.

1. Mobius 1

Mobius 1 nͫٴiͤٴcͫٴeͤ੮Һ૯ ცɿ૭ ૭คעٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴ

Reputations:
    That's possible.

The two keycaps have the same fru number for the keyboard?

2. netnative

netnative Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    However, @gasongasoff reported to have Part 01YU651 (KBD+Bzl_US,FPR,AlpsTP,B,CHY). What does "Alps" stand for? There is Alps Electric in Japan which manufactured keyboard switches.

3. jeremyshaw

jeremyshaw Big time Idiot

Reputations:
    That same Alps electric also makes touchpads and "trackpoints" (at least for Dell).

4. Dmis

Dmis Newbie

Reputations:
    They had the same part name and everything else on the lenovo partslist site.

5. Mobius 1

Reputations:
    alps trackpad I think

but the controller is synaptics last I checked (fully disassemble the trackpad)

then it's QC issue maybe?

6. jlp0209

jlp0209 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    My X1C6 drama is finally (hopefully) over. The refurb I got had weird touchpad issues where it would freeze every now and then, and the fan was always on. Also the LCD developed a cluster of 4 bright spots. Returned it.

My CTO with the BOE LCD, tech came out and swapped with AUO screen a couple days ago and same problem, cluster of very bright spots. He came back today with another AUO screen and this time it is flawless. It's actually much better than other AUO panels I've seen on other X1C6 in that the sides aren't dim. Entire panel is uniform. He installed the LCD panel a bit crooked to the point where the very edge of one side of the screen was covered by the bezel. SMH. He blamed it on the LCD and reinstalled the bezel, same thing. I said whatever, it isn't the LCD, it is just installed crooked. He said it is how it is. After he left I gently adjusted the tape / black coating on the LCD cable and that did the trick, LCD is centered within the bezel. The bezel is less sticky yet still sticks. I can easily just buy another one from the parts store for like $20 if I need to at some point.

Happy to finally be able to enjoy the machine. Thanks @Mobius 1 for all the tips, really helpful.

huntnyc likes this.
  7. Mobius 1

Reputations:
    you can complain about a looze bezel and you can request the part be sent to you to skip the tech

01YR448 for thinkshutter

01YR450 for ir cam

don't spend money on something that you can get for free

jeremyshaw, jlp0209 and huntnyc like this.
  8. gasongasoff

gasongasoff Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Just my luck. I can't get used to this awful keyboard. I just got my RMA#. I wish there were a way to know I was getting a good keyboard before ordering - unless they're all mushy?

9. Mobius 1

Reputations:
    nothing really, all the keyboard are same fru so there's no way to tell unless you type on it yourself

as I posted before, 6 kb is more mushy compared to 5

10. Badboy8813

Badboy8813 Newbie

Reputations:
    This is really frustrating... The expected shipment date keeps getting pushed back on my replacement machine. Approaching 60 days now. It is as if Lenovo wants me to cancel and get a refund.