ThinkPad X1 Carbon (6th Gen) Owners Lounge

Discussion in 'Lenovo' started by Anthony Accioly, Feb 23, 2018.

1. gasongasoff

gasongasoff Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Any update on whether it's possible to get natural sRGB colors on the HDR panel? People are reporting that it defaults to wide color gamut, which means web browsing, windows, and programs outside of photoshop will have oversaturated colors!

2. Mobius 1

Mobius 1 nͫٴiͤٴcͫٴeͤ੮Һ૯ ცɿ૭ ૭คעٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴ

Reputations:
    no

@bloodhawk

3. Eric Montaghami

Eric Montaghami Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi Kevin,
    Thank you for the pictures. I have been trying to decide between the two screen options (WQHD matte, and HDR) do you have any additional pictures of the two that I can look at?
    Thanks,
    Eric

4. netwebber

netwebber Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Yes! It works if you create a custom ICC profile or just install the ICC profile found here: https://www.notebookcheck.net/uploads/tx_nbc2/B140QAN02_0.icm

Last edited: Jul 5, 2018
  5. netwebber

netwebber Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Update: In Firefox,

1, Go to about:config
    1. Set gfx.color_management.display_profile to the notebookcheck.net to the path of the .icm profile on your computer
    2. Set gfx.color_management.enablev4 to true
    3. Set gfx.color_management.mode to 1

6. SuperMech

SuperMech Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hello guys and gals,

I've recently aquired an X1 Carbon with the HDR display, i7 8650u, 16gb and 1tb ssd from CDW. It has a couple of very minor flaws and I am curious if these are just normal on these machines.

1. Looking at the front of the laptop with the lid closed, the lid sits about 1mm higher on the right. I actually noticed this on Lisa's review here: at 3:24 and 3:31, so I am pretty sure this is normal. However, I would appreciate it if I could confirm it on a third laptop.

2. This one is a bit more concerning. With the screen open to around 90°, there is a difference in the gap between the screen assembly and the main case. The screen looks like it is between 1-2mm closer on the left side. I would greatly appreciate it if someone could check this on their machine.

Now, I know these seem like small complaints, but I am coming from MacBook Pros, where just about everything looks perfect on the outside. I'm actually an IT manager and have deployed numerous ThinkPads, but when they are not for myself I don't scrutinize them as thoroughly.

I would greatly appreciate your help.

7. Mobius 1

Mobius 1 nͫٴiͤٴcͫٴeͤ੮Һ૯ ცɿ૭ ૭คעٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴ

Reputations:
    just claim defective loose hinge screen and get a new one, don't stress over it

8. jefflackey

jefflackey Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Just checked, at 90 degrees I have no difference in the air gap between the left and right side of the main machine and the screen, FWIW.

9. werewolf

werewolf Notebook Consultant

Reputations:

I think - not certain - they are coy with the wording - that you actually get FOUR years of warranty from Costco when you make the purchase using their credit card. You also get Costco's excellent Concierge Service, and they are by far the best to deal with, BestBuy being the worst.

10. SuperMech

SuperMech Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    @Mobius 1 @jefflackey

Thanks for your replies. It turns out that the gap at the rear of the notebook is not a problem, I must have had poor lighting when I inspected it.

However, the screen bezel around the top center is already coming unglued. I'm guessing that it is glued in place because when I push it back, I can "feel" an adhesive behind there, and it stays in place for a little while before popping back out.

At any rate, I'm going to exchange it.

I'd also like to note that this laptop is a really nice machine, and the problems I have encountered are relatively minor.