ThinkPad X1 Carbon (3rd Gen.) Broadwell

Discussion in 'Lenovo' started by Bloody Nokia Adept, Oct 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tomeka

tomeka Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    The WWAN card emplacement is a standard 42 mm M.2 slot, so it's "physically" possible to put a 42 mm M.2 SSD here. Same thing on the X1 2014, but the SSDs plugged on this slot weren't recognized by the laptop. The story don't tell if these tested SSDs were PCIe or SATA. I don't even know if there is such a thing as 42 mm PCIe SSD yet.

2. Nc79

Nc79 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Well the pricing is up on the uk store now, i7 ips non touch with 256 drive is about £1820 so $2695 so I think about $500 more if you add sales tax and 3 year warranty to the U.S. price. Can you buy the X1 in stores in America or is it just online?
    Also on th UK site it does list the 256 drive as pcie.

3. j3ff

j3ff Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    just online..

4. j3ff

j3ff Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Odd how it just sat there after it got there.. I guess the guys who fly for UPS do work Sunday while the actual plant doesn't. Either way I've already seen 2 or 3 ups trucks today out on the road, regular deliveries, it can't possibly take 3 more business days to get here right?!

5. Nc79

Nc79 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    One question to anyone who has revived their x1 how sturdy is it, if you pick it up one handed say by the right corner with the screen open is their any bend on the base. I tried it with a 13 inch yoga in a store yesterday on it seemed to be flexing the case

6. j3ff

j3ff Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    With the Gen2 - maybe a SLIGHT amount, hardly noticeable. It feels rock solid by doing that, I just did it with the one I'm typing this on.

7. Nc79

Nc79 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Thanks, I hoped that would be the case given the way they emphasise the build quality. Hard thing about buying without being able to see in person first.

8. karee

karee Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I completed the order the night of January 15. I'm somewhat nervous about buying a laptop sight unseen online. I previously had a T40 which I made last for 9 years. I bought an E431 a year ago, and I'm not impressed. That said I'm really looking forward to getting my X1 carbon. The order is still showing:

9. tes5884

tes5884 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I just changed my shipment so I can pick it up at the UPS warehouse near my house. Like this I can get it on the way to work, instead of waiting until I get home!

Still going to be Thursday though..

10. kevinpr

kevinpr Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    is anyones carbon still stuck in kentucky? mine got there 7:37am on the 18th, no update since then

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.