1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

ThinkPad T60 Screen is Amazing

Discussion in 'Lenovo' started by Andrew Baxter, Feb 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andrew Baxter

Andrew Baxter - Super Moderator

Reputations:
    I received the ThinkPad T60 from Lenovo this Friday and just wanted to post a couple of pics and let everyone know how ecstatic I am about the screen. It's certainly the best ThinkPad screen experience I've had, and I've gone through a lot of 'em. The viewing angles are seemingly limitless with little to no color distortion and the brightness is very good. I've uploaded some pics of the screen from various angles and alongside the new Dell e1705 laptop with a TrueLife screen. I'll post more on the T60 for Monday.

[​IMG]

the specs for the T60 I have are the 2623-D3U SKU you see in the above chart. In the pictures with two screens below the ThinkPad T60 is on the left, the e1705 is on the right.

Attached Files:

2. Andrew Baxter

Reputations:
    and some more pictures of just the T60, notice the color and brightness remain true even from very wide angles. Sorry for any blurriness, it's one of those "you need to see it in person" to appreciate how nicely the screen behaves in various angles of viewing.

Attached Files:

3. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Everything in Moderation

Reputations:
    Thanks, abaxter. This is so good to hear--I guess I am one who has foolishly fretted about a drop in Thinkpad quality.

Thanks again.

4. Andrew Baxter

Reputations:
    and as an example for comparison of what often happens with LCD displays when you view from a high or low angle (not perpendicular) let's look at the Dell Inspiron B130 screen from a few angles.

Notice the colors and contrast completely change depending on the angle of looking at the B130 screen, almost to the point it's hard to view.

Attached Files:

5. Goren

Goren Notebook Virtuoso NBR Reviewer

Reputations:
    what do those graphics terms mean .. M52-64?

6. santasballz

santasballz Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    ewww ogre love...

but nice thinkpad =)

7. ivoloos

ivoloos Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I'm missing this :centrino: sticker at the photo most right.:confused:
    Ow, and of course, nice pics and I'm looking forward to the review and more pics :D

8. claus1225

claus1225 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    hi abaxter, i know you'll post a complete review soon, but does your T60 run cooler and quieter than t43 or t42? thank.

chris

9. LikwidSh0k

LikwidSh0k Notebook Guru

Reputations:
  10. dietcokefiend

dietcokefiend DietGreenTeaFiend

Reputations:
    Oh god, I hate thee :( I cant even get my Z60m yet and it is outdated on many levels already.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.