ThinkPad T440s - Review

Discussion in 'Lenovo' started by ibmthink, Sep 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darknite39

darknite39 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Fantastic review! I thank you very much for taking the time to produce it. However, my credit card would like to express sadness because of the charge that is about to be placed on it. :)

2. mux1

mux1 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I am not interested in this model because I just purchased a different one but wow, this has got to be one of the best written laptop reviews I have ever read. Very nice job! I read this all the way through and really enjoyed your writeup!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

3. lead_org

lead_org Purveyor of Truth

Reputations:
    Lenovo has responded the criticism of customers whom complain about creaky palmrest by bonding the ABS/PC palmrest directly to the Magnesium substructure, which would eliminate fit and finish problem that have plagued many ThinkPad T series of previous generations.

But i do wish the T440s have 2 RAM slots like the T430u, but i know i will be replacing the T430u with the T440s with FHD LCD.

deniqueveritas likes this.
  4. ZaZ

ZaZ Super Model Super Moderator

Reputations:
    Nicely done and thanks for the effort. In some ways the T440(s) is probably a better fit for me because I don't need a ton of mobility or battery life, but I hesitate because I'm unsure about the new trackpoint setup and I don't want to all that money to find I don't like it.

5. ammarr

ammarr Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Thank you! I am a T420 user right now and this seems like it'll be my next laptop once it is released in Canada. The only downside that I can see right now is that I currently have 16gb ram and I'm not sure if this has a max of 12gb because of the soldered on 4gb.

6. swarm

swarm Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I have to say that my experience with trackpoint buttons is different. The first problem is that integrated button is not only louder, but also harder to press (it look it's varies from piece to piece). Second problem is related to the size of middle button. You can't change its width and it's wider than on older ThinkPads - for me it's impossible to use one thumb for left and right button without changing position of my hand. I don't think that I have small hands but now I have to use trackpoint only with left hand, because left button is too far for right thumb.

600X likes this.
  7. vinuneuro

vinuneuro Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Then change switch the left and right buttons in windows mouse settings.

8. Tr0x

Tr0x Newbie

Reputations:
    I'm very interested to see the gaming performance on this machine, particularly Civ 4 (and 5 if you have it) and Rome Total War 2. I've seen Civ 5 barely run on a 1 year old MacBook Pro, so I have to believe that the T440s will perform better.

Overall, great review! I've had my eye on this laptop since it was first announced...this has pretty much convinced me to buy it.

9. ibmthink

ibmthink Notebookcheck Deity

Reputations:
    I have added some things:
    - The Fan states
    - A new category "Maintaince" with two new pictures
    - Some small enhancements

I understand your problem, but thats not a problem I have for myself. I don´t have to change my hand to press all three buttons.

10. ha244

ha244 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Thanks for the very detailed review, I doubt many reviewers would be willing to take apart their laptop for more pics!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.