ThinkPad T431s / X230s Leaked

Discussion in 'Lenovo' started by ibmthink, Jan 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ibmthink

ibmthink Notebookcheck Deity

Reputations:
    In a Chinese forum, the User Guide of the new T431s / X230s was leaked, see:
    T431s: http://servicekb.lenovo.com.cn/KnowledgeResources/2013-01-15/092998/ThinkPad%20431s用户指南V1.0.pdf
    X230s: http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...=FVv4i__vCCBdr_joUnYGSQ&bvm=bv.41248874,d.Yms

Some pictures:
    T431s-1.png T431s-2.png T431s-3.png T431s-4.png

So, new Hinges, the new TrackPad, thinner and lighter. It also loos very much like the T430u. Its a mixture between T430u and X1 Carbon (because of the hinges). The X230s is a mixture of X230 and X1 Carbon 8without docking port, but very, very thin with 17mm) What do you think?

2. power7

power7 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Good bye, trackpoint buttons. Interestingly, the docking station connection is still there.

Keyboard layout has apparently faced another degradation step: F1-F12 keys need to be pressed with Fn, luckily there is still FnLock (which is off by default) switched by Fn+Esc. Dedicated volume/mute buttons? Not anymore.

I wonder how many steps we have until it's something like http://static.trustedreviews.com/94/000025365/0925/P1030434.jpg .

3. red grenadine

red grenadine Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Wow. They are completely ruining the brand. It took them a couple years but they are completely and utterly ruining it.

That keyboard is an abomination

4. Crimsoned

Crimsoned Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    As long as the function and strength remains the same, I see no problems with the changing of hinges.

Apart from that, I will reserve judgement until I get one in my hands.

5. Kaso

Kaso Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    I get down on my knees and pray that the hinges will retain their function.

6. Crimsoned

Crimsoned Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    We'll see.
    I've used thin Thinkpad hinges before on the T60/T61 it worked perfectly fine, and very strong.

7. Kaso

Kaso Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    :D See what? If the things have a different function, they shouldn't be called "hinges." Nothing to do with strong, weak, stiff or loose.

8. Q-Ball7

Q-Ball7 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    The problem with those hinges is that you can't open the machine as far (you can get to about 135 degrees before the lid's bottom pushes the whole laptop up, and past that, the laptop rests on its lid instead of its base).

So the functionality of the parts is reduced, therefore I see problems with the changing of hinges.

9. lead_org

lead_org Purveyor of Truth

Reputations:
    looks okay. But ram upgrade on this new machine requires the removal of the entire base case. Also, there seems to be only one ram slot in this new T431s.

10. MikesDell

MikesDell Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    No track-point buttons ?? Are they serious ? I wouldn't buy one just because of that. That kinda ruins the idea OF the track-point. What good is it if you can't click anything ? Or, if you DO click something, you have to stretch your thumb all the way down by the base of the touchpad ? Ridiculous.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.