Thinkpad Carbon X1 Extreme (upcoming)

Discussion in 'Lenovo' started by iMbaQ, Jul 31, 2018.

1. B'midbar

B'midbar Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Funny you should bring that up as I just remembered I have a Finsix DART and I'm waiting for them to get the USB-C adapter cable back in stock. You can check them out at Finsix.com. Their web sites are a little screwy, to actually order you have to go to https://store.finsix.com/, they have no link to that from their main web site. I actually got mine new in box on eHoseBags for $35, less than half full retail from Finsix directly.

Meantime, fired up at 94% this morning, ran off the 65W adapter all day, including going in and out of multiple VMs all day. It charged to 100% and has been there for the remainder of the day. Will let the 65W Lenovo slim travel adapter go with my X1 Yoga 1st Gen when I sell it here in the next week and will take my Finsix on the road.

EDIT: Finsix Dart, also 65W, works just fine. It's only 85 grams (.18#). X1 Extreme UHD is 4.06#, my 13.3" HP Spectre X360 is 2.89# so basically a wash on weight when I walk out the door with the Dart, but way more screen real estate and way more horsepower. #winning

Last edited: Oct 10, 2018 at 1:54 PM
  2. jphughan

jphughan Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Cool product, didn't know about it. Looks like they also have a native USB-C version but it's out of stock with no ETA. Not quite the road warrior travel charger I was looking for since it's only got 1 USB-A port, but it is impressively small. I also wonder how the power for the USB-A port is handled since the DART can deliver 12W there. If a USB-A device is consuming that, would the DART reduce the power available to the laptop to 53W max, or is the DART actually a 77W device that can deliver 65W for laptops and 12W to a USB-A device simultaneously?

3. B'midbar

Reputations:
    They had a FAQ which explained their technology and the "impressively small," but looks like their Cloudflare is down right now. Their tech specs really don't say.

4. B'midbar

Reputations:
    Scored a 16GB DDR4 Crucial SO-DIMM on eHosebags for $99 with my eBay bucks (was $126.98). 32GB RAM, 1.5TB of SSDs, I'm good for a while if not indefinitely.

Sure did miss this keyboard and the mouse buttons at the top of the touchpad.

5. Eason

Eason Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Lenovo delayed my x1e from arriving oct 4 to shipping from China October 26 without explanation, so I cancelled it. I'm trying for a P1 FHD P2000 directly from HID evolution instead, which should hopefully ship by Friday