Thinking about buying this projector...any ideas?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Tewka, Dec 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tewka

Tewka Notebook Geek

Reputations:
  2. Ramzii

Ramzii Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    haha, it says:

(Newest)HDMI 1080i LCD projector Dream Land DG-737

While the specifications say it has a maximum resolution of 640x480 ........
    I wouldnt trust such a salesman. Bad advertisement + the quality of the beamer is doubtful, Asian sites arnt known for their top-notch quality products.

On the other hand, 200 dollars.. cheap for a beamer! Unless it breaks within the first week. ;p

3. ZaZ

ZaZ Super Model Super Moderator

Reputations:
    I don't know if it's true any longer, but it used to be you had to replace the bulbs in projectors every three months or so and the bulbs are expensive. I don't know if it's changed.

4. HTWingNut

HTWingNut Potato

Reputations:
    No,not every three months. I bought a projector about five or six years ago. It was 1024x768, very small, only cost $800. Bulb had a life of 2500 hours on brightest setting, 3500 hours on dimmest. Dimmest was more than adequate too. That's like 100 days to ~ 145 days if on 24/7. Most will only be on maybe 20-40 hours per week. You can easily get 2-3 years out of a bulb depending how much you use it.

Get an actual 720p projector. It will cost more than $200, for sure but 640x480 you will NOT be happy.

5. Mr._Kubelwagen

Mr._Kubelwagen More machine now than man

Reputations:
    Yeah, that site looks super sketch. And as others have said, the resolution isn't nearly enough.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.