Think I might buy one of those new camaros in a year or so

Discussion in 'Motorized Vehicles' started by lottdod_1999, Jul 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shyster1

Shyster1 Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Then why buy something that looks exactly like a muscle car?

2. RainMotorsports

RainMotorsports Formerly ClutchX2

Reputations:
    Camaro came with a 6 cylinder in 1967, short of maybe a couple of odd years it has always had a 6 banger... end of story or what. It has a powerful engine and a more powerful engine. Not a poser and an ss.

3. lottdod_1999

lottdod_1999 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    uhh because it looks nice.. duh

4. Shyster1

Reputations:
    You're still a poser. You might, hypothetically speaking, think it was cool to tie a red bandana on your head; however, even if you had no idea who the bloods were, you'd still be seen by all and sundry as a poser pretending he was a member of the bloods (which would be a potentially lethal mistake to make, unlike buying a gimped muscle car).

5. RainMotorsports

RainMotorsports Formerly ClutchX2

Reputations:
    A poser would be someone driving a feiro rebodied to look like something else. On the other hand the 6 Cylinder Camaro is a 100% legitamate, valid and part of the camaro's heritage. In respect to many of its elders its more powerful.

The New Camaro is a throwback to the original pony car of the same name. Under those terms a small and light car with a respectable amount of power is perfectly valid. You cant tell me 305 horsepower is nothing, sure as hell more than the mustang v6, Which BTW if you expect GM to not compete against ford or for no one to buy v6 models, then your actually asking for the failure of the camaro and for it to dissapear again because that would happen. Not everyone is going to afford the v8 model, if they cant sell enough chassis then the platform fails, its already down one strike with pontiac gone. Though one could argue only reason it hasnt dissapeared again is im sure there are enough nostalgic's in washington.

The idea of a v8 in everything is an outdated possibly redneck american ideal. Same people who are fighting all other forms of change that deal with american history and nostalgia. God knows the Viper doesnt get ragged on for having ten pistons but god forbid they put a v10 in any old name tag. No one wants to see a name killed off but they cant deal with it being butchered either. It is Lucky that these days a v8 street car even exists, thanks to modern technology unless you want to blame the emissions board lol.

6. Red_Dragon

Red_Dragon Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Well i was a member of the bloods luckily i could rock this.

7. Colton

Colton Also Proudly American

Reputations:
    ClutchX2, Chevrolet is coming out with a 4 cylinder Corvette.

8. Shyster1

Reputations:
    If you think you're going to get anything out of GM other than Cavalier retreads and Prius-wannabes, you're smoking something illegal.

9. lottdod_1999

Reputations:
    uM WHAT am I posing as?
    I just don't get it
    gimped muscle car?
    Sorry, I'm all for better technology and better gas mileage, not being stuck in the past and trying to impress carheads

10. lottdod_1999

Reputations:
    Now that I think of it um, why exactly would cylinder count matter if it.. you know... GOES FAST?

4 cylinder corvette? sign me up!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.