Think I might buy one of those new camaros in a year or so

Discussion in 'Motorized Vehicles' started by lottdod_1999, Jul 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Colton

Colton Also Proudly American

Reputations:
    Actually, contrary to popular belief, automatics get better mileage than sticks.

I'm beginning to think that now in days, HP is nothing more than a marketing scheme and a number to get you to buy the V8. Where could anybody possibly use all those horses at, with the exception of the Autobahn? The highest MPH speed limit I've seen in any state is 85. I can cruise with the 400+ HP cars in my 159HP Tacoma just as easily. ;)

2. RainMotorsports

RainMotorsports Formerly ClutchX2

Reputations:
    As with all things that affect gas mileage it depends on driving. With my Toyota i would accelerate as fast as it would into 2nd up to the speed i wanted and then throw it in 5th and got an average city + highway of 34 mpg. Keep in mind depsite being 10 years old it was maintained and tuned for gas mileage, with emissions that read out 0.0x 0.0x 0.0x xx.x, as low as the clean breathing porsches.

I never like automatics, found it hard to drive the very slow speed limit roads at less than 40. The efficiency tests dont reflect real world driving but i still feel the average driver with an automatic fails in comparison to a fuel conscious driver with a manual.

3. Ferrari

Ferrari Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Dude IMO its all about what represents you, if you want it.. get it with no regrets.

@clutch: The classification of muscle cars is disputed and a matter of opinion. There is alot of people that will classify a camaro or mustang as a muscle car. some would say that they are muscle cars only if they have the top of the line performance options.

4. RainMotorsports

RainMotorsports Formerly ClutchX2

Reputations:
    Right, i call them muscle cars as alot of people do. But in restrospect i think it has alot todo with the abscence of alot of name tags or name tags that where tarnished in the 80's. We are pretty big on classifying what a car is still and that category got generalized.

When the new Camaro was announced one of the magazines did a peice on the V6 and why they think people should get over it, their main comparison is a guy who might buy a Camry for the gas mileage or the Camaro for the looks and make a sacrifice with the V6.

5. bamaster

bamaster Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    As for imports being a muscle car, I would say the closest thing would be the new Lexus IS F. Hotness!

The new Skyline GT-R is dead sexy and a serious top performer, but it doesn't have that muscle car vibe to me.

6. lottdod_1999

lottdod_1999 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    eww 15mpg?
    Damn.. that's a tough buy then. I might have to sacrifice for that cool body style.
    Is that for the 6 cylinder?

7. Colton

Colton Also Proudly American

Reputations:
    No that's for the V8. ;)

8. Shyster1

Shyster1 Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    I.e., buy a gutted-out version of a muscle-car? So you can talk the talk, but not walk the walk? I think that's called being a poser, if I'm not mistaken.

9. lottdod_1999

Reputations:
    talk the talk? what talk?
    I'm not saying anything geez. I'm not out to race little teenies

10. lottdod_1999

Reputations:
    I was thinking of a yellow LS, is it weird that that's also the ONLY model my local chevy has, in yellow?
    I wish I could afford it now

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.