Think I might buy one of those new camaros in a year or so

Discussion in 'Motorized Vehicles' started by lottdod_1999, Jul 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Red_Dragon

Red_Dragon Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Lol, maybe i overracted to but yeah though. Maybe seeing the ecotec in the Camaro wouldnt be so bad either? It is in the 20,s so maybe it could suit that better though i still think a highter tuned/hp variant in the vette would be sweet :p

2. allfiredup

allfiredup Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Most American cars with V8 engines are geared so that they're barely turning 2000rpm at 75mph! So they're often more fuel-efficient than most people would think.

Case in point- My grandma's 2000 Cadillac Seville SLS with 275hp 4.6L V8 gets 28mpg on the highway with the cruise set at 70-75mph. My 2006 Mazda 3 with 160hp 2.3L 4-cylinder and 5-speed manual transmission does just over 26mpg with the cruise set at 75mph! The big Caddy is more efficient than my Mazda! :eek:

3. allfiredup

Reputations:
    It's interesting that GM and Ford are finally jumping on the turbocharging bandwagon about 25 years after most other car makers???

For years, Ford had Volvo's turbo expertise at their disposal, but only now that they've sold Volvo are they beginning to roll out turbocharged engines that they developed on their own....I'm sure at much greater expense than if they had leveraged the their relationship with Volvo!

4. Red_Dragon

Reputations:
    Youa re 100% accurate about haviing the tools and never utilizing it.

One vehicle i REALLY want to see in the US is the Euro Ford Focus RS:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ford should have DEFINITELY utilized those 5 cylinder engines that Volvo was using i think the T5. It is decent fuel efficiecy and power

5. stewie

stewie What the deuce?

Reputations:
    Red_Dragon, you should just sell your M35 and buy something with an Ecologytec. [​IMG]

P.S. The Focus RS is nice.

:D

6. Red_Dragon

Reputations:
    NEVAR!! I love my M too much :)

7. allfiredup

Reputations:
    I love your M, too...but you've known that for a long time! :D

I wonder when Infiniti will redesign the M35/M45? We're going into 2010 model year, which is their fifth year. They still look very fresh, especially the interior design. Hopefully, if/when they do, they won't screw it up! I'm impressed with the latest G-series though, so that's a good sign.

I also have wondered if they plan to replace that monstrosity of a flagship that they finally put out of its (and our) misery in 2006- the Q45? It looked like a Buick that had been over-inflated!

I'm sure that Infiniti is getting quite a few would-be Acura buyers who couldn't stomach the hideous-looking 2009 TL! As Edmunds said "Need rhinoplasty, on BOTH ends! STAT!" Sales have been very low...wonder why?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. RainMotorsports

RainMotorsports Formerly ClutchX2

Reputations:
    The Accord and a couple of acura models where just slaughtered. I would have fired people for even bringing me sketches like this. They tried to take the accord from perfection and make it more appealing to people wouldnt buy it in the first place.

9. allfiredup

Reputations:
    The '07 Accord was a nice looking car, the '08 looks like a blowfish!

They didn't screw up the new TSX (especially compared to the TL), it looks pretty good (see below). But it's interesting that just a month or so after the TL was introduced to unilateral criticism, suddenly they're going to introduce a TSX V6 in a few months!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Red_Dragon

Reputations:
    This first thing Honda needs to do is STOP letting there american designers design there cars. The only cars that they make right now that they make that were designed in Japan were the S2000 and the Fit and those are two solid looking vehicles. Seriously they need to just retire the calafornia studio and just let there japanese studio/designers take care of EVERYTHING. I think all of the recent acura's were designed in there calafornia studio. Infinti luckily all there designs are made in Japan(and built) except for QX56(though the replacement looks really solid)

As for the M i think they said 2011 will DEFINITELY have a new M that sounds pretty exciting. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.