Thin and Light 11-14 notebooks gaming worth compendium 2013 update

Discussion in 'What Notebook Should I Buy?' started by Karamazovmm, May 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RefinedPower

RefinedPower Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    seems like it would be very easy to make a device that would measure keytravel and the amount of weight required to push it down.

2. Karamazovmm

Karamazovmm Overthinking? Always!

Reputations:
    yes it would, any sensitive force measure device could work on that, however its still a very subject matter.

For me the best keyboard are the ones on thinkpads. the macs also have great keyboards, I dislike even the enterprise level dell and hp.

Sony is rated below average, being macs the average.

Asus, acer... are the bottom barrel. So for me its a highly subjective matter.

But if you guys do come up with great accessible ideas, I would surely post here without a doubt

3. Dreamskiller

Dreamskiller Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    The really interesting point about the u2442n is the possible presence, in Asia, of a 650M instead of a 640M. With a 650M, it will be the best 14" ever made (if there is no heat, noise, or fragility problem)

4. komikon94

komikon94 Newbie

Reputations:
    Is there anything nicely priced with a Nvidia 650M? That Sony Vaio S13 with a free PS3 is really really convincing right now even though it has reported screen inaccuracies, crappy sound and only a 640 LE.
    I'm sure Sager laptops are beautiful in terms of performance. But aesthetically, they're up in my list as one of the most atrocious looking laptops out there with their archaic looking design.
    The Gigabyte U2442N is stunning. I just wished it was available now to buy and came with a PS3 :( Nor do we know about any issues with the laptop since nobody has their hands on it

5. csj0952

csj0952 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I really want this u2442n the more I learn about it. Might have to move to Taiwan.

6. ILOVELEMONS

ILOVELEMONS Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Just an update on my sitch: Ordered the S13 a week and a half ago, customized. Its coming in 2 days. The PS3/Vita comes a few days ahead of it.

7. MisterG694

MisterG694 Newbie

Reputations:
    I know the Asus N56 has the 650m. Not sure if it's "nicely priced" but its supposed to be good, maybe a little thick

8. Karamazovmm

Karamazovmm Overthinking? Always!

Reputations:
    the 650m in the n56 is using DDR3, thus comparable to the np6110er, aside that its a 15''

There isnt a 650m model right now that is less than 15'', aside the sager that is in the first post.

9. arl1

arl1 Newbie

Reputations:
  10. avanish11

avanish11 Panda! ^_^

Reputations:
    The new HP DV4t does. You can get it with an i7-3612QM and 650m 2GB GDDR5 for about $800 with the coupon code WHITE100. The only downsides are that it only has a 720P screen, no backlit keyboard, and it's pretty thick.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.