Thin and Light 11-14 notebooks gaming worth compendium 2013 update

Discussion in 'What Notebook Should I Buy?' started by Karamazovmm, May 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Karamazovmm

Karamazovmm Overthinking? Always!

Reputations:
    those are very intersting, I fell in love with the x1, but it had very poor battery life and the price was just too high, coupled with the abysmal screen res. At least I have a great battery life with this mbp.

I will create a thin and light thread for the ultrabooks and close calls like this x1 and the vaio z2.

Well regarding the mbp redesign, we are expecting it, however we dont know how they are going to be nor what they will pack, we do have hopes that is somewhat like the mockup, only with a different style, since the mbp chassis keeps itself for quite sometime after its released.

http://www.theverge.com/2012/5/15/3...pad-x1-carbon-calls-it-the-worlds-lightest-14

http://reviews.cnet.com/laptops/lenovo-thinkpad-x1-carbon/4505-3121_7-35299011.html?tag=mncol;txt

http://blog.laptopmag.com/lenovo-th...OP+Magazine+-+The+Pulse+of+Mobile+Technology)

http://www.engadget.com/2012/05/15/lenovo-thinkpad-x1-carbon/

btw I had to post this
    and I love the new bezel, sincerely they could have gone for a 16:10 screen so that the bezel would be like the lg p330, now if only they had put a thunderbolt port in there... I would just have to buy that.

2. gamba66

gamba66 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    It looks nice at first glance, features some very strong and good components..

But it fails on every other aspect.. Build quality is very bad, lots of keyboard flex, battery is weak and fixed, display is way too dark for a matte screen (180 cdm) and so on.. Of course this is only a "prototype", but very often changes are only minor, a new case and display would be major changes.. And the site also claims they are still debating if 768p/900 and if matte or glossy

Also this notebooksite says, that gigabyte often announced notebooks at previous shows, but they never made it to the US or even EU market, I think there wasnt even a single notebook release in the EU from gigabyte yet..

SO dont get your hopes up too high..

Source: Notebookinfo u2442n hands on Cebit

BTW check out my post for the lenovo edge s430, it really only comes with a 630m unless lenovo adds another option later on

Lenovo s430 630m

3. Tin2

Tin2 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    i hope sony releases their SA soon. My 3820tg is dying on me every 15 minutes while playing diablo 3. i need a new laptop....

4. sancez

sancez Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Some information on the new sony S & Z.

S = GF640M LE
    Z = 7670M(inside the powerdock)

5. Karamazovmm

Karamazovmm Overthinking? Always!

Reputations:
    thats some bad news

6. saturnotaku

saturnotaku Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Which is not a gaming notebook in any size, especially not the 13-inch. You fail. Try again.

7. Fat Dragon

Fat Dragon Just this guy, you know?

Reputations:
    What's with all of these 640M LE's we're seeing? Nvidia must be throwing an absolute fire sale on these cards if so many manufacturers are using them over Kepler 640M's.

As for the Z, what's the point of the dock if you're going to put an unimpressive mid-range card in it? I understand there are other places that the $2000 pricetag goes to, but couldn't they stick a 7750m/650m in there at least? Yeah, it's not a gaming machine, but if you're going to put a GPU in the dock, at least put something decent in there for that price tag...

8. RRhaire

RRhaire Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hey guys,

Quick question, will the HP 4t be available in Canada? I can't seem to find a good source. Thanks!

RRhaire.

9. krismax24

krismax24 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
  10. y2bd

y2bd Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    How about the Acer Aspire M5? Unknown Ivy Bridge processor, 14+15inch models, Nvidia GT640m w/ 1GB DDR5, 1366x768 screen (ew).

Although I know people here have their reservations against Acer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.