Thin and Light 11-14 notebooks gaming worth compendium 2013 update

Discussion in 'What Notebook Should I Buy?' started by Karamazovmm, May 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kiswa

kiswa Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Just wanted to chime in and post a heads up on GIGABYTE laptops.

I bought the P34G-CF1 a little over a year ago and my keyboard got messed up a few months back. I'd been using a bluetooth keyboard instead for a while and finally decided to see about getting the laptop fixed for real. Then I had to deal with their 'customer support'.

Basically, you have two options: send the laptop in (with no guarantee it will get fixed if they decide the repair isn't under warranty) or pay $95 shipped for a new keyboard. Thanks to poor phrasing and grasp of English of the CS rep, it took about two and a half weeks to figure that out. I'll be getting a decent bluetooth keyboard to continue using my laptop until it's time for a new one.

Long story short, I will not be buying GIGABYTE laptops again and will be avoiding their other products just so I don't have to deal with their frustrating 'customer service' ever again.

2. cognus

cognus Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    this brings up a point: of all the popular models listed here in the thread, which have the better long-term reliability in real use?
    I'm guessing the answer is one of the alienware models but that's pure speculation on my part, and I know every mftr lays an egg here and there...

3. kais91

kais91 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Many factors come into play with long term liability. I would look at something with the most recent specs. The rest is all up to how much power you want and personal opinion on screen, design, weight, etc.

4. cognus

cognus Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    like the specs.
    like the look
    does this family have a rep for longevity?

5. golddty

golddty Newbie

Reputations:
    It sounds really good, too wonderful!

6. cognus

cognus Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Are 11/12's effectively dead at this point? I really don't want to carry a 13/14 much. too spoilt.

7. Karamazovmm

Karamazovmm Overthinking? Always!

Reputations:
    from what i see pretty much

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.