Thermals - Not Clothes.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by excalibur1814, Dec 17, 2020.

1. excalibur1814

excalibur1814 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Sigh.

Dear OEMS,

I'd love to buy a laptop, I really would, but those thermals. Not only do we have to put up with a hairdryer upon our desks, we have to wonder when the thing is going to melt through the floor. Each machine, pretty much the same. Runs hot, has to be under-volted (pretty sure that's not a word), sat upon a cooling fridge.

Maybe we need a front and center chart that pushes the cooling point home?! The more people that buy these things, the more they'll continue making them. I just want to play games, without having to wear headphones, or apologise to my neighbours.

Come on oems... where's your range of quick and quiet gaming machines? Can't you see the opportunity for a marketing campaign? Are you still all lazy? Does Microsoft have to create a new line of machines, to show you how it's done? (Surface line as an example). Heck, nVidia created the Max-Q range and you STILL mess it up.

Oh well. One can live and hope.
    Me.

2. JRE84

JRE84 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    ?
    i have a thin and light gtx 1060 laptop gs63vr 8re and on auto fans is basically silent and although it may reach 91c it does not throttle.....so max performance and no fan noise...not sure what laptop you own but there are many silent cool running laptops