[Thermal Paste] Applied, Results! (5920G)

Discussion in 'Hardware Components and Aftermarket Upgrades' started by Undertaxxx, Jul 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Undertaxxx

Undertaxxx Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I had to open up the whole thing cause one of the screws is screwed :D my screwdriver doesn't have any grip on it, so i tried with a plier etc etc..

And undervolting GPU? i'm already undervolting CPU, but i didn't know gpu was possible :O Can you inform me about that?

I've got the same as your gpu.. My max was about 77 when i was playing css for like an hour or so (verry intensive, max settings)
    When i play wow on max setting or Prototype, i usually get up to 85 max (had 97 max before applying paste)

I'm trying to cool my gpu a little more cause i always have 60-65 idle temp which can't be healthy..

Anyway thx for replying!

P.S. I ordered the NZXT Cryo LX (laptop cooler, most expensive atm omg -.-) Hope that will help too. :)

2. triturbo

triturbo Long live 16:10 and MXM-B

Reputations:
    Take a look at 5930's topic :)

It would :D I'm using Notepal Infinite and chills my lappy pretty good, but I still think that for a hot summer NZXT Cryo LX would be better :D Maybe I'll buy a NZXT Cryo LX and use it only when my laptop is placed on the desk and my Infinite for everywhere else (because it has no sharp edges).

3. Undertaxxx

Reputations:
    I have, and what i understand of it is that it's verry risky, voids warranty and comes with alot of work.. (Most of it I dont even understand..)

Anyway, it would be nice if you could post some results on 'undervolting' the gpu.. like before/afther pics etc (if you have them :eek:)

thx

4. triturbo

Reputations:
    Well, I don't have pics, sorry. But I can tell you the GPU temps (all of them are with my Notepal Infinite at highest speed) - 85ºC (under load, copper mod, OCed, non UVed), 78ºC (under load, copper mod, non OCed, non UVed), 70º (under load, copper mod, non OCed, UVed). The vBIOS flashing is nothing scary, you can always fix it (correct me if I'm wrong), even if you mess-up everything. The laptop's BIOS is a bit scary for flashing :)

5. Undertaxxx

Reputations:
    Fact is that i've tried flashing my gpu before, and when the flash said to be 'succesful' nothing actually changed when i checked with GPU-Z..

So i'm not quite sure if i'll try that again.. Maybe if i know what I did wrong before and if i get more info on undervolting.. This seems pretty intresting tho cause your temps show a remarcable drop!

Grtz~

EDIT: Pics added of my idle temps.. now (not fully cured paste yet)

6. xxbadboys93

xxbadboys93 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    There has to be an easier way to undervolt your gpu without the dangers.

7. triturbo

Reputations:
    AFAIK mobile GPUs doesn't support software undervolting, I could be wrong though.

8. Undertaxxx

Reputations:
    I might order another one later on (gpu) so i dont mind about temps right now :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.