The Witcher 3 Discussion Thread!

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by 1nstance, Nov 2, 2013.

1. Ifrin

Ifrin Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
  2. JRE84

JRE84 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I played this game for about 30 minutes. was fun but I fear my gaming days are numbered as I have a hard time keeping entertained for long periods of time now. Anyone else having the same issue?

Also Can someone tell me how many hours the witcher is if you rush through it? and is the story good?

3. Kaze No Tamashii

Kaze No Tamashii Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    my first run was ~70h. I didn't do all the side quests and point of interest. Tbh though, what makes me like this game the most is the side quests, they're short but very interesting.

if you're bored, just running around enjoying the scenery and do whatever you encounter. I'd say main story is good but sometimes it annoys me since there were so many characters I didn't know about but Geralt knows so it was hard to make connection and role-play.

4. hfm

hfm Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    I have 182 hours in it. That's doing a TON of side content, except for Gwent which I hardly touched except for what was required to move quests. I do like the Gwent stand-alone game though.

As far as story, the game has some of the best story content of any open-world RPG. Even the side quests are rich experiences in most cases. The two expansions are very-well done and in some ways slightly exceed the already stellar base game, especially Blood & Wine.

You could probably get through it in much less time by ignoring a bit of the side collectible stuff like the witcher gear quests and things like that. I definitely wouldn't pass this game up if you like RPGs. It's an excellent game, and a MASTER CLASS in open-world RPGs. The bar was raised. Bethesda has some tough competition when they get around to Elder Scrolls VI. They should be thanking CDPR for doing Cyberpunk 2077 next instead of doing another dark/high fantasy game world.

hmscott and killkenny1 like this.
  5. killkenny1

killkenny1 Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Reputations:
    My single walkthrough so far lasted about 400h hours (with addons). But that's with my playstyle. I tried to be as throughout as possible.
    This site, however, gives a good estimate on average game beating times with various playstiles:
    https://howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=10270

I almost cried...
    Lol, glad to see they even included roach :D

hfm likes this.
  6. HTWingNut

HTWingNut Moo

Reputations:
    I still need to go back and play it. I never made it too far. Every time I do get into it I get distracted with something else and have to start over again because I forgot what the hell I was doing.

0lok likes this.
  7. HTWingNut

HTWingNut Moo

Reputations:
    I started the game up again (this time on Steam, previous runs were with GOG install)... I can easily see how you can rack up hundreds of hours. So much roaming and open world and characters. So many quests at one time to consider, not to mention potions and crafting. Gah, it's almost too overwhelming for my feeble mind.

8. killkenny1

killkenny1 Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Reputations:
    This actually almost made me quit the game in the very beginning once.
    Glad I...stuck around...

9. HTWingNut

HTWingNut Moo

Reputations:
    Yeah, I think that's part of why I kept on quitting. But trying to stick it out for longer this time. I'm sure I will get used to potions and crafting and such eventually.

10. mtness

mtness loitering

Reputations:
    one of the things i found hardest to cope with in regards to the game was the shear amount of stuff to do........i kept getting sidetracked killed world bosses, side-quests etc, and then when i finally got around to doing main story it was all trivial, i really wish they had a sliding scale so the game was challenging when you out-levelled content, especially main story stuff.