The Witcher 3 Discussion Thread!

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by 1nstance, Nov 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LanceAvion

LanceAvion Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I think that was a more sarcastic than questioning statement. Well this is text so it could be either.

2. octiceps

octiceps Nimrod

Reputations:
    Well that's your fault for playing it like an FPS

3. killkenny1

killkenny1 Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Reputations:
    There's a third person mode in it? As far as I know there's third person mode only when in cover or climbing ladders.
    I actually don't know how you were supposed to play it. It is an FPS after all. If you meant to say did I play it like a gung-ho shooter (aka COD), then no. I found the gunplay a bit...lacking or weird. Can't really find an appropriate word to describe it. And that mouse acceleration didn't make things better, which I did turn off via registry but it didn't change much. Instead I did a stealthy walkthrough and used tranq sniper rifle wherever I couldn't find a ventilation shaft or other paths. Hopefully MD will make "hands on" approach a more violable and enjoyable option, because it needs to be there as an alternative. One of the reasons why I like MGS V gameplay, despite its many other short comings, going in loud can have advantages.
    HR is more of a FPS with RPG elements, hence why I didn't call it a true blooded RPG. There are a lot of similar combos out there lately (Dishonored, TR 2013, Far Cry 3/4, AssCreeds, Mad Max, etc.). Only a lazy dev doesn't attempt that these days. Obviously some are better (like branching quests), others are worse (crap upgrades), HR being one of the better examples.

4. octiceps

octiceps Nimrod

Reputations:
    So it can only be an RPG if it's third-person? Well then, I guess the Ultima and M&M series aren't RPGs either. They're in first-person and have no guns. So what are they?

5. thegh0sts

thegh0sts Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    that's not what i mean: i mean i have been playing other games that i haven't resumed the playthrough....same for MGSV

killkenny1 likes this.
  6. Getawayfrommelucas

Getawayfrommelucas Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Weeeell. Do you know the basics? Create a "Mods" folder in main dir, add mod folders to there, etc. If you're getting script errors DL/run Script Merger http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/484/?

7. TANWare

TANWare Just This Side of Senile, I think. Super Moderator

Reputations:
    Again some cleanup, problem with the thread dealt with.

8. Kaze No Tamashii

Kaze No Tamashii Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    how am I supposed to get in the Gwent business? Got my ass kicked when I tried playing a game or two with some random merchant or innkeeper. I mean, all I have is Temerian cards with 6 power at most and they have something like a 10 power Griffin or a card that can summon other cards. Should I start with the dude from White Orchard? I didn't talk to him after NG+ so not sure if there is any card there to improve my deck.

9. killkenny1

killkenny1 Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Reputations:
    Through trial and error. White Orchard is the easiest location for Gwent. Only once I got into Velen/Novigrad region I started to get my arse kicked. After few loses I managed to win my first hero card from some innkeeper in Novigrad. Slow and steady I started to acquire more and better cards. You could also try lowering Gwent difficulty, see if that helps.
    Also be sure to buy any worthy cards you can come across merchants, especially at that inn you visit first in White Orchard. They often have decoys and I think I bought a spy from one of them. Decoys and spies are a powerful combo :vbthumbsup:

10. Kaze No Tamashii

Kaze No Tamashii Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    thanks, I got a hang how to play and some strategy but my cards are just straight up garbage. So there is Gwent difficulty also.
    Guess I gotta visit that ungrateful innkeeper.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.