The Upcoming ThinkPad X230, X230i, T430, T430i, T530, T530i and W530?

Discussion in 'Lenovo' started by moocow_cn, Mar 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OCM

OCM Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I'm sorry but how can you _not_ notice? It's completely different.

2. 600X

600X Endless bus ride

Reputations:
    This will most likely not be possible. The classic Keyboard won't fit into the new ThinkPads, due to height restrictions. It was mentioned somewhere in this Thread before. So Keyboard swapping will not be an Option.

The new Chiclet Keyboard WILL be better than the classic one, however. If you don't believe me, go try the X1. It has the same Keyboard as the new ThinkPads will have.

I am NOT saying that I like the new Chiclet. I actually hate it and I'm not sure whether I'll ever buy another (new) ThinkPad again. I really hope that my 600X and my Future X201 will last a lifetime.

The EDGE Series Keyboard are nothing like the X1's, even if they look the same. The X1 has the best Notebook keyboard in the World, whereas the EDGE ThinkPads have even worse ones than Acer. (Acer used to produce the worst Keyboards in the World)

Trust me, I have already typed on one of those EDGES, and I hope I will never have to do that again. *shiver*

So to summon things up again: The new Keyboards will be better than the current ones, but at the Price of leaving the traditional ways. This doesn't have to bad, but if Lenovo gets too used to doing things like this, they might one day go too far, if you know what I mean.;)

3. ZaZ

ZaZ Super Model Super Moderator

Reputations:
    The ThinkPad keyboards I've had in the past have been very good to great. Any time you change something that's been done the same way for a long time there's going to be some apprhension. I will reserve judgment until I use one.

4. FinkPad

FinkPad Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    thinkpad keyboards are overrated by thinkpad users. I recently tried the Samsung series 7 keyboard, it feels on bar if not better than the thinkpad keyboard.

5. 600X

600X Endless bus ride

Reputations:
    The old ThinkPads used to the non-plus-ultra, but the current ThinkPads (X220 for example) have really fallen in Keyboard Quality. The X2207T420 etc. is nothing compared to the old 600X.

That is probably why Lenovo decided to change the Keyboard.

6. erik

erik modifier

Reputations:
    you might be surprised about what people try and where people find success and failure on the new systems in terms of swapping hardware.   height restrictions won't be the issue.

for many users it's not the shape and tactility of the keys but the change from a 20-year-old 7-row layout.

7. LoneWolf15

LoneWolf15 The Chairman

Reputations:
    What about those of us who find that shape and tactility of the keys is the difference? ;)

I would be one of those people, myself; for some people, it may be a combination of both.

8. erik

erik modifier

Reputations:
    absolutely.   i'm in the same camp and enjoy nothing about the X1 keyboard.   give me a traditional 7-row or give me nothing at all.

islands are for vacations, not keyboards. :D

9. Thors.Hammer

Thors.Hammer Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    LOL. Uh, get used to tropical breezes.

10. 600X

600X Endless bus ride

Reputations:
    Currently there's this thing going on that's called "Consumerization". Not only Lenovo is "consumerizing" their Products, HP now also offers a 11,6" Business Subnotebook, thereby moving away from the traditonal 12". Even Apple will dump their Pro line and focus more towards the Air, IPad and IPhone.

All of this is supported even more by the "bring your machine to work" hype.
    I guess all that's left for us classic ThinkPadders is this: Getac B300-X Premium - ok2.de

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.