The Upcoming ThinkPad X230, X230i, T430, T430i, T530, T530i and W530?

Discussion in 'Lenovo' started by moocow_cn, Mar 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moocow_cn

moocow_cn Newbie

Reputations:
  2. lead_org

lead_org Purveyor of Truth

Reputations:
    maybe after win 8 is released?

3. John Ratsey

John Ratsey Moderately inquisitive Super Moderator

Reputations:
    No T430s? Perhaps those who want something thinner have to go to the ultrabooks.

John

4. PatchySan

PatchySan Om Noms Kit Kat

Reputations:
    Personally I don't see sense for Lenovo to have 3 different variants of the T430, I probably think the T430u will fill the niche for the slimmer 's' models though I could be wrong as its still early days.

5. Tsunade_Hime

Tsunade_Hime such bacon. wow

Reputations:
    Very few ultrabooks have more than 1368x768 resolution. Plus the advantage of the T4_0s was it had full voltage CPU's in a thinner chassis, as well as having a slim optical drive where you could fit a modular bay battery. Ultrabook is too much of a compromise IMO. But perhaps the s line of T series is finally going away, it's always been a niche model, just like X30_ series, maybe Lenovo could not justify a refresh of the T430s. It really is a shame, as my T410s despite the poor cooling and 1.8" HDD was really thin and light.

6. John Ratsey

John Ratsey Moderately inquisitive Super Moderator

Reputations:
    Which is why I'm following this with considerable interest (there is also a 13.3" 1600 x 900 version with the Samsung PLS (IPS equivalent) display).

John

7. Andrew Baxter

Andrew Baxter -

Reputations:
    I'm guessing July. The consumer Ivy Bridge laptops will start shipping on April 29th, it usually takes 2-months for ThinkPads to follow the first consumer notebooks with a new Intel. I'm guessing they'll announce them in April and give the availability date at that time.

John, the Lenovo S430 might also be considered a close cousin and follow-up to the T420s. Since the starting price is $749 (rumored) I'm guessing it won't be the same build quality though.

8. MidnightSun

MidnightSun Emodicon

Reputations:
    Doubt they'd wait that long.

Wouldn't be surprising. The two would be largely redundant, and the T4x0s series has long been priced too high and had too short of a battery life.

9. zOne31

zOne31 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I'd say a couple months after Ivy Bridge is released. Lenovo will probably do the same thing with Windows 8 as they did for when Windows 7 was coming out by giving users a free or discounted upgrade.

I'm most looking forward for the X230 and W530. The design will probably remain the same although I'm really hoping for just a trackpoint or at least an improved touchpad for the X230.

10. vinuneuro

vinuneuro Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    X220 certification was done mid-Jan. If that's any indication X230 would release in May.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.